It's like creeping through the dark....

by dawg 7 Replies latest jw friends

• dawg
    dawg

And finding light... I was alone for 17 years, and even though I never knew anyone felt as I did about the JWs, I still knew I was right.... I used to go down the road, cussing at air...How could my family be so fooled? I asked the wind. Now I have you internet people, from all over the world that knew like I did many years ago- the FADS are full of shit

I don't know any of you by face, but this forum is the only place where I can vent and not feel like I've lost my marbles, I talk to my "worldy" friends and they just don't understand. Some of the threads tonight were special, to talk of a person's dad.... I miss my Dad, why is he crazy? For real, why would he defend men he's never met? I've heard him say "the faithful and descreet slave is made up of humble men"... how does he know? Has he ever eaten dinner with them? Has he ever spoken to them? Still I think of my dad, still living, that has created a gulf I cannot bridge. I'd love to hug my dad, and tell him it's Ok, you didn't have the chances we did to fact check. I wonder everyday what his mind really tells him, if he knows the JWs are all shit? It's his mind I can't knowkl but doesn't he have to kknow?

OK, I'm high... are you closer in some ways to the nameless peopleyou talk to on this forum than those you know in the physical world? All high folks please reply

• 4mylove
    4mylove

Dawg,

I love reading about your experiences. I hope one day my husband will see how this religion tears families apart. I hope your father will one day hug you and say, I get it. Thanks so much for being so open with us, it helps more than you know.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Dawg,

Does rum count? I am with you completely. This is a beautiful group of people here, they have all become my lifeline in recovery.

momz

• Maddie
    Maddie

I don't care if you're high Dawg - I could do with being high myself!

True compassion comes from being able to feel what others feel and we do that on JWD. When one of us is in pain, others seem to sense it and are there for us. I know you would like to give your dad a hug and that day may come. In the mean time I am sending you a hug

Maddie

• oppgirl63
    oppgirl63

I understand completely...that's why I keep coming here. I have some very good friends who know my story with my rommate but I don't think they really understand what I have to deal with on a day to day basis.

I feel for you about your father...I wish he would see that each day that passes is a day that is lost for the two of you to share. I lost my father in 1990...he was only 52. I'd give anything to see him again. Your father is still alive...but it's almost like you don't have him like I don't have mine. (((hugs)))

I think I'll have a glass of wine on that one.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    I don't know any of you by face, but this forum is the only place where I can vent and not feel like I've lost my marbles, I talk to my "worldy" friends and they just don't understand.

So true dawg. No one who hasn't lived it, can really get it. This place is a haven for us when we need to be understood in a way only our fellow former cultites can get.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I feel ya.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hey, Dawg:

Years ago we called this kind of genuine but not-in-the-flesh camaraderie having a pen pal. I come from a long line of letter writers. Those words on paper solidified many a friendship and family tie when it was simply impossible to be present in the flesh. Please continue to access this instant and upbuilding source of true friendship. I talk to my friends here more frequently than with my literal neighbors and I'm quite a talker! My dad has been gone a few years - he was a good listener and very intent on offering any help he possibly could. I miss him ...

I hope it may turn out well for you eventually. Be patient with your family; I'm sure trying to be as everyone followed me into the organization and now I want them out. We've simply got to be realistic.

Wishing you peace and a cyber-hug,

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit