child abuse cover up

by looloo 21 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• looloo
    looloo

i wonder if anyon on hre can give me some advice , my daughter was abused by an ex jw , it came out in court that he had abused other childrn when he was serving as a ministerial servant years earlier , the elders knw about those victims and never reported him to the police , the judge called it a coverup , there were no press in the room so it never made it in the papers which i was very angry about . had they reported him years ago he would never have been able to abuse my daughter , and i want an apoligy , i have tried to discuss it with the elders but they all mak out they knew nothing , which makes m wonder who it was that reported the abuse to london hq bethel as that was said in court . do you think if i wrot to them we would get an apology, his wife who used to be a close friend is supporting him, and his jw family , i feel devastated by this, the cps did not persue the 8 charges for my daughter due to lack of evidence , even though he took my daughter and another victim to the same place, which his wife must just think is a huge coincidence, they critise the catholics for keeping hush hush about abuse but do the same themselves , i wish i could talk to another mum of a child who was abused by a jw , i cant talk to the other mums involved in our case as i think they have been told not to talk to me , i am not a jw but am married to a disfellowshipped man . th abuser did get sent to prison at least for the ther victims .

• DJK
    DJK

It's sad to hear about your daughter. The Watchtower never apologises for anything.

I'm glad the abuser is in jail, I hope they put him into general population.

You may find someone who will talk to you by private mail. Keep an eye on your inbox.

• dawg
    dawg

Man, that is a really sad story... I think you need to seek out a lawyer... I'm supposed to go to law school soon, if that happens and someone like you comes in my office, I'd do everything in my power to destroy the fools and get you a settlement... which is how folks like the GB "appoligises"

• DJK
    DJK

Bttt

Welcome looloo.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Can you obtain a transcript?

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Welcome Looloo!

You will never get an apology from the society, they do not apologize for anything.

If you are not a JW, they will want nothing to do with you, they will see you as under satans influence.

If you are a JW, they will find a way to silence you, even if it means kicking you out of the congregation.

Their image is more importatn to them, then individual members are.

I was abused by my stepfather, the elders told me their was nothing they could do for me because there was not two witnesses to the abuse. And they forbid me to tell anyone else about it.

They sent me back home to live with the abuser, and never inquired about my welfare again.

They have no natural affection.

I am so sorry this has happened to your family.

• looloo
    looloo

yes i do have a court transcript but dont think i could cope going public , but i do want to warn others not to get involved with them , iwas told when i got involved with them that if someone admits to a crime they tell them to go to the police , that was obviously not true and my daughter is going to pay the price and has done for years for me taking her to the kingdom hall in the first place , i feel so bad

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Might it be worth checking out the Silent Lambs website? You might find some help and support there.

www.silentlambs.org

• looloo
    looloo

why cant people just say sorry we messed up , we should have reported him years ago , it could make the pain not so bad if that happened , but i could count on one hand the jws who i used to be friends with who have shown the care , it is a good thing that i have true friends in the world i can count on , we have no closure unless we get an apology , the police told me i could write a book when i gave my statement , the odd thing is if i did no jws would be allowed to read it because i would be called a liar, when i would not have to put any lies in it at all to make it a shocking read. i realizd when i read a book about a cult called the children of god , that jws are very similar in thier talk and brainwashing and what a fool i was to take my kids there, i will carry that guilt forever

• looloo
    looloo

i have been on the silent lambs site , thats how i found this site thankyou anyway x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit