2008 Jan 1st Watchtower PUBLIC EDITION searchable PDF

by AlphaOmega 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• fokyc
    fokyc

bttt

fokyc

• fukitol
    fukitol

Geez they are morons. The celestial 'sign of the son of man in heaven' is the sign of his presence; it will be sudden and miraculous, not some so-called composite sign over a whole century. Jesus specifically warned his disciples not to be fooled by the mere occurence of wars, famines, etc.

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

fukitol,

Jesus specifically warned his disciples not to be fooled by the mere occurence of wars, famines, etc.

Thank you. I thought I was the only one here who realized that Jesus was warning his disciples against deceivers who would be pointing to events such as wars, famines and so on as a sign of the "Parousia".

People also need to read what the word "parousia" meant to those guys at that time. It was a grand visit of a noted dignitary to a town or district. It certainly was not invisible (like the "King's New Clothes"). It was a grand celebration, where people made many preparations, even minting commemoratory coins, building new roads, and so on. "Invisible"? Give me a break.

Jesus warned against not making the necessary (spiritual) preparations for the forthcoming "Parousia", as happened in Noah's time. And that Parousia was not invisble.

Doug

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The magazine overall contains the same garbage as always. It makes statements as if they are
    facts from their doctrine and offers a couple of scriptures to read out of context to prove those
    statements.

The overall effect of the magazine is that it is a complete mini-book that JW's will think is so
    perfect for anyone to read. "How can they not recognize God's blessings on this wonderful magazine?"
    The average JW will think that the new format is good. It addresses doctrine and family life and
    Bible education and yadda yadda yadda.

I was disturbed by "Our Readers Ask." I suppose this is the end of "Questions from Readers."
    The new format didn't even pretend to have a question from Steve M. in Bangladesh or other such
    fictional information. It just put the question out there. "Our Readers" could be members of the
    WT staff now.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

fukitol,

Jesus specifically warned his disciples not to be fooled by the mere occurence of wars, famines, etc.

Thank you. I thought I was the only one here who realized that Jesus was warning his disciples against deceivers who would be pointing to events such as wars, famines and so on as a sign of the "Parousia".

People also need to read what the word "parousia" meant to those guys at that time. It was a grand visit of a noted dignitary to a town or district. It certainly was not invisible (like the "King's New Clothes"). It was a grand celebration, where people made many preparations, even minting commemoratory coins, building new roads, and so on. "Invisible"? Give me a break.

Jesus warned against not making the necessary (spiritual) preparations for the forthcoming "Parousia", as happened in Noah's time. And that Parousia was not invisble.

Doug

Doug, excellent reasoning. Fukitol, I was only discussing this yesterday with someone. It seems that many JWs can ignore the words of Jesus and replace them with "Watchtower-think".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit