NEED HELP WITH 'NEW LIGHT' & THE GENERATION DOCTRINE

by Mary 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Homerovah: yeah, amzing how in 40 years the whole publishing machine didn't dawn on me...thousands in a captive convention audience, nothing to pay attention to but dry old codgers spouting arcane chronologies - quick, let's go out and buy the latest "study aids" and read that instead! Ooh, another edition of the Bible with two words changed in a verse! And...all tax free!

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

sounds like that elder reads here!

• skeeder
    skeeder
    It's been recently noted that the borg will not publish their year end statistics in the WT anymore, I sense they must not look good

Did they give a reason why they weren't publishing it anymore?

Page 3 of new WT

The annual report will no longer appear in The Watchtower. Starting in 2008, it will appear as an insert in Our Kingdom Ministry as well as in the Yearbook. However, as indicated above, the study edition does include secondary articles. Although many of these will not be discussed at a congregation meeting, you are encouraged to read them carefully. They too contain spiritual food from "the faithful and discreet slave." -Matt. 24:45-47.

S

• spiritboi
    spiritboi

"Perhaps Jesus came to them in a dream and told them that apostates were publishing it on the worldwide web and Jehovah found it "embarassing".

Yes! That is most probably the reason! LOL

• bobld
    bobld

I wonder about the "millions now living will not die" to mean the same what Jesus said to the evil doer and paradise.

bob

• Mary
    Mary
    I wonder about the "millions now living will not die" to mean the same what Jesus said to the evil doer and paradise.

Like everything else, they'll probably re-interpret this to mean something else like "millions now living will never die in a spiritual sense" even if they die in a physical sense", or some such crap.......It should be interesting to see the rank and file's reaction to this "new light" about the generation doctrine. I'm sure the GB are waiting with a slight sense of anxiety....after all, look at the negative effect after the November 1995 WT when they changed it.........12 years later, millions more have access to the internet. Another major change like this is not going to sit well with those who never planned for retirement in this system.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Makes perfect sense for this destructive high control group to use these tactics.

1. Publish that the number of anointed "144000" has not been filled yet (SEE JAN 2008 Watchtower) This allows younger JWs to claim they are newly anointed and will likely increase the number of memorial partakers considerably. End result - "Anointed" are still alive for many more years to come so if Armageddon doesn't come in the next 10 years JWs will still swallow it.

2. Say that the "generation" is the anointed. End result - anointed who are younger can be around for much longer, especially considering Jehovah hasn't picked them all yet. Again the big A is further away.

In another 20 years, they'll change it again and no JW will know the difference.

Sirona

• Mary
    Mary
    Publish that the number of anointed "144000" has not been filled yet (SEE JAN 2008 Watchtower) This allows younger JWs to claim they are newly anointed and will likely increase the number of memorial partakers considerably. End result - "Anointed" are still alive for many more years to come so if Armageddon doesn't come in the next 10 years JWs will still swallow it.

Yep.....I told my Dub sister today that the February 2008 WT was going to once again, reinterpret what Jesus meant by "this generation" and apply it to the annointed from the first century CE, right now to our day....which of course, renders the word "generation", utterly useless.

She asked me how I knew this, so I just told her that I had 'contacts' who told me.

• Sirona
    Sirona

She asked me how I knew this, so I just told her that I had 'contacts' who told me.

Mary,

I've been a bit wary of saying something just in case the FEB 2008 doesn't have that "new light" in it. I know we've heard rumours but we're not 100% sure.

That said, I might try and drop into the conversation how "the society will probably change the "generation" doctrine again soon"....

Sirona

• Mary
    Mary

I've been a bit wary of saying something just in case the FEB 2008 doesn't have that "new light" in it. I know we've heard rumours but we're not 100% sure.

You're right......but I'm thinking that it seems to be coming from various people who are 'in the know'....plus, I figure there's a reason why they suddenly changed the 1935 doctrine and it's leading up to this change. Like someone else brought out, with these two changes, "this generation" can apparently last thousands of years, getting these senile men off the hook for the time being. They probably were trying to figure which date would be the easiest to drop: 1914 or 1935. Between the two evils, they figure 1935 would cause the least amount of commotion. 1914 is still too important to their power structure in order to abandon it......it should be interesting to see what happens.

I did a thread on 'new light' early last year. If you scroll down a couple of posts, you'll see Garybuss' comment that hit the nail on the head: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/105983/1.ashx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit