NEED HELP WITH 'NEW LIGHT' & THE GENERATION DOCTRINE

by Mary 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mary
    Mary

I was talking to Gumby today and he told me that one elder that he knows said: "...he heard a GB mention of some new light about the "generation". He said the GB member said they now believe that scripture applied to only the annointed..."

Have we had any discussions on JWD about this? I told him I'd check but I could have easily missed it. If anyone knows anything about this brand-spankin' new light from Jehovah to the brain dead goombas at Crooklyn, can you point me in the right direction??

And yes, in case you were wondering, Gumbers just about hurled his cookies at having to listen to this bullshit......And they're also really starting to pressure him about getting his stretchy green ass out in Service.

• marmot
    marmot

This was apparently mentioned at the annual meeting. Do a search for "annual meeting notes" and you'll find at least a couple of threads with transcripts.

• Zico
    Zico

They're definitely changing this one. It's due in the February 15th Study edition Watchtower according to an elder I know with contacts at the British Bethel. He didn't know what the change was.

I can't find any threads on it by doing a JWD search, though I'm sure I'd read of it on here, as the elder wasn't the first one to tell me...

• Zico
    Zico

Found it Mary! :)

Here you go:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/145243/1.ashx

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/145559/1.ashx

Key quote:

"The "generation" is all the anointed as a class from 33 CE to the end of the world. In the context of Matt. 24:34 was Jesus talking to his followers."

• bennyk
    bennyk

The first thread regarding this "New Light" is here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/143678/1.ashx

The rebuttal to their new light is here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/143844/1.ashx

Hope this helps!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

That is how the Son's o' Bitches are going to do it - as long as there are 'partakers' the generation remains active and alive.

So they tie it all together - the generation spans all of Christian history - basically they erase the error to those who never look back.

Jeff

• Mary
    Mary

Well, like I said to Gumbers: It's incredible what the R&F will believe.......Thanks you guys!

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

How terribly convenient - I wonder how this impacts all my greatgrands and grands who understood "millions now living will never die" to actually apply to them personally? Oops, most of them are dead! I'm sure my 85 year-old grandmother will take great comfort knowing that not only does she no longer have a relationship with Christ but for the intermediaries of the FDS, but now The End may very well come AFTER she dies.

Amazing...it's so clear that everyone writing the words "millions now living will never die" meant that quite literally, and how so many looked forward to eternal life on a paradise Earth never having tasted death...and how much the early Bible Students rejected Papacy and requiring an intermediary with God other than Christ, yet now we see no one but the 144,000 get to pray to Christ...

If my parents had heard this "new light" prior to 1970, they would have fled; yet somehow over time, first with little things and then with big, their entire foundation of spirituality has been stolen from them. My dad's on the right track, though, and will probably get DAed again within a year.

And my mom - it's funny, I don't think she believes a word of what they say, I think she believes they'll get around to "getting it right" sooner or later", because she has no real relationships outside the church - but for me and her sister, so maybe that's a start!

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Always trying to to put a new spin on themselves to make them look viable

if they don't do this their sales will slump and their readership will fall, hence new light every couple of years, this will continue indefinitely whenever they feel it's necessary

Folks, it's a publishing house get over it

It's been recently noted that the borg will not publish their year end statistics in the WT anymore, I sense they must not look good

• Mary
    Mary
    It's been recently noted that the borg will not publish their year end statistics in the WT anymore, I sense they must not look good

Did they give a reason why they weren't publishing it anymore? Perhaps Jesus came to them in a dream and told them that apostates were publishing it on the worldwide web and Jehovah found it "embarassing".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit