Why the change in how the Watchtower deals with the Media?

by Gill 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gill
    Gill

Why the change in WTBTS policy with regard to how they deal with the press?

Not so many years ago the WT took the stance that it would not deal with the press except with direct statements, no questions to be asked.

Who doesn't remember the disasterous attempted interview with Ted Jaracz in the Panorama pedophile coverup where he arrogantly dismissed the Panorama reporter and he looked a total arse!? And the Elder in Scotland who after 'delivering his statement to the press' turned around and arrogantly walked away from the press who had releveant questions to ask.

So, with this tragedy that has unfolded in Shrewsbury, why have they been throwing Paul Gilles to the lions?!

To be honest, he has made a total bodge job of his interviews and appears to be making the WT society and JWs look a total bunch of loons!

Describing not having a blood transfusion as the same as two mythical charactars, Adam and Eve being told not to eat the forbidden fruit was totally laughable.

Adam and Eve died because they ate the forbidden fruit.

Emma Gough died because she wouldn't 'eat the forbidden fruit'. What a disasterous comparison.

So, why are they now allowing themselves to be interviewed on national TV?

Is all the bad press finally getting to them after the pedophile scandal and the death of an innocent young woman because of their doctrine?

Anyone would think that only bad things happen in Watchtower land!

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Good post Gill I haven't seen the Ted Jaracz/Panorama or 'Scotland' 'interviews', but did see Paul Gillies this morning on BBC. I haven't seen him before, but he struck me as being a 'nice' chap. I wasn't happy by him saying that they 'only Baptise Witnsses as adults' - we all know that's a lie - but to the average viewer it gives the false impression that this young Mum made her own decisions on informed choices.

• Gill
    Gill

MC - Good point you make about the lying about JWs only being baptised as adults!

However, this is the problem with the media in that they don't really understand the mental manipulations of the WT society and therefore cannot tell when they are being lied to. But then, there are so many lies in the WT Society ie the even infamous 'theocratic warfare' strategy that the WT knows it only has to 'brave it out' for a couple of days and the media and public lose interest in their ludicrous beliefs......until the next tragedy!

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Gill,

Why the change in WTBTS policy with regard to how they deal with the press?

I was thinking the exact same thing and believe it's because they're running scared. Generally, the JWs put out statements like "Refuse to comment". I haven't heard Gilles making his gaffs on radio but I have to say he spoke very eloquently on BBC Breakfast Time this morning. I was rather hoping the interviewers would ask him more searching questions but, instead, Gillies was able to put Watchtower dogma into something resembling true religion. How I wish he'd been asked about blood fractions, the crackpot lies regarding 1975 and the infantile defence of 607BCE bringing us to 1914. If these questions had been raised they would have undermined the blood issue because it would prove what a dangerous cult it is.

So, yes, they HAD to try and defend the sad death of the woman who refused a blood trannsfusion because it is so emotive and a real "door slammed in the face" job! There'll be many people who'll refuse to talk to JWs now - and they know it.

When I was a JW whenever there was bad press regarding blood transfusions I knew we would be in for a hard day in field misery - and we were. Losing the mother of twins is double the agony so they're after doing a cover-up job. This time I hope the press is relentless and that it makes members really start to examine Watchtower's fraudulent tenets.

Ian

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

You know the old saying Gill - the best form of defence is attack! Get in quickly before the press have a field day? Maybe they're just responding immediately to try and diffuse any MORE adverse publicity? Just a thought

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Describing not having a blood transfusion as the same as two mythical charactars, Adam and Eve being told not to eat the forbidden fruit was totally laughable.

Could Adam & Eve have eaten applesauce, apple cider, baked apple, or apple pie from the forbidden tree? Surely NOT!

So, why then can the Jehovah's take Hemoglobin, Albumin, Clotting Factors, Immunoglobulins, etc, etc, etc?

• Dansk
    Dansk
    So, why then can the Jehovah's take Hemoglobin, Albumin, Clotting Factors, Immunoglobulins, etc, etc, etc?

I wouldn't be surprised if some member of the GB or his wife needed such medication so they thought up taking fractions. It amazes me the membership can't see the hypocrisy here - or maybe it can but is too afraid to speak out.

Ian

• Sirona
    Sirona

I missed the BBC news thing! How can I get to see it?

He was pathetic on Radion 5 Live - a called asked "if a child needed blood, would you let them die?" and Paul Gilles replied something along the lines of "it isn't a question of no blood equals death....." so the caller said "well assume you used all of the alternatives but in the end the child needed blood would you let the child die?" and Paul didn't want to say YES he would let them die - even though everyone listening knew the answer is yes...... so he bluffed it and said he couldn't say that because its never as cut and dried as that....

Sirona

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

The interviewer also questioned the penalties of receiving blood, and Gillies responded that if a JW didn't accept any of the WT doctrines, then he is saying he doesn't want to be a JW (in other words, D'fed!)

• Dansk
    Dansk

Gillies said that if a JW was to refute the blood transfusion stance he/she would have disagreed with other tenets, too. In other words, he was saying disfellowshipping was inevitable because they had started to disagree with most Watchtower policy long before disagreeing over not having blood.

Sirona,

I can't find any link to the Breakfast Time interview, but below are other interesting links on the BBC Website.

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit