Sweet Potato Pie recipe

by bluesbreaker59 20 Replies latest jw friends

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59
    Yum! I Love Sweet Potato Pie, I'm going to have to try this recipe out! Thanks Bluesbreaker.

Anything for you misanthropic...

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

I'm gonna make a couple of them for Thanksgiving dinner this year. I usually do two pies at once, and just double everything and use the large can of sweet potatoes instead, its really handy, because those Pilsbury crusts come 2 in a package anyway.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Sweet Potato Pie???

Never heard of such a thing, which means I have to try it.

Now I'm off to buy some sweet potatos.

W

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

I am going to attempt to make this "low-fat" by useing egg beaters, fat free sour cream, and no crust....Like a custard instead of a pie. It sounds like there is enough flavor in it that the "fat" won't be too missed! I think I will try to do that BEFORE Thanksgiving though.....so if it is not great, I can make the regular version for guests.

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

Don't skip the fat, it tastes funny without it.

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

Then again, I don't like "low fat". I buy 80% ground beef...

• snowbird
    snowbird

Never heard of such a thing, which means I have to try it.

Now I'm off to buy some sweet potatos.

W

Sylvia

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I have to say that this recipe is ideal for me, because lately, I have been buying regular sweet potatoes from the produce section, and for myself---they are really tough to peel. I really like the idea that we can use the canned variety to make this pie!

• snowbird
    snowbird
    they are really tough to peel. I really like the idea that we can use the canned variety to make this pie!

I boil or steam mine first. Skin comes right off. My mother would turn in her grave if she thought I was using canned potatoes!

Sylvia

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I boil or steam mine first. Skin comes right off. My mother would turn in her grave if she thought I was using canned potatoes!

Duh....why did *I* think of that?

I have to admit that I have used the canned ones in a recipe I used to fix years ago...for a sweet potato pudding....and nobody complained that I hadn't used "real" potatoes when they were all gobbling it up, LOL! It was ALWAYS a big hit with my kids!

hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit