JW's Are The Key to Survival

by proplog2 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Gill
    Gill

Proplog - The study on the comparrison of molestation int he JW religion in comparison to the Catholics was done in the USA. It was reported in the Independent Newspaper in the UK yesterday. Whether that is proof enough for you, I don't know! But it should certainly be something sombre for everyone to consider why JW children are considered more vulnerable!

• proplog2
    proplog2

Gill: That statistic pops up all over the internet. I spent over an hour looking for the source of that "study" and it is nowhere. The closest I can nail it is to Bill Bowen or Danny Hazzard. It is based on some 23,000 files that Barbara Anderson alleges identified child molesters. In reality there may be more than 23,000 there may be less. Next this number is placed alongside molestation charges among catholic priests. The problem should be obvious. JW's have strong consciences and are more likely to come forward and confess. Also they generally form investigative committees to follow up on a confession. Catholics on the other hand confess in private and priests generally respect individual anonymity in confession. JW's are victims of their obsessive record keeping. If it were possible to standardize the data collection it would be possible to make an analysis. But without standardized procedures this is a very sloppy piece of evidence. Without setting standards it would be safe to assume that the incidence of molestation would be very similar in any large sampling of the population. The claim that you quote has no basis. People believe ridiculous things because it agrees with their preferred vision of the world around them.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Fascinating post proplog. It paralles some things I have thought of. Most survivalist that thing the shit will hit the fan thing they will make it on their own. It does not work that way, cooperative communties are what survive, not isolated individuals. Division of labor and resources are big advantages. To me the question becomes, if there is a big cataclysm, what do we non-dubs do?

Burn

• proplog2
    proplog2

Burn: Get your blood card and pretend you are a witness for a while.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Burn: Get your blood card and pretend you are a witness for a while.

I'd rather take my chances, I think. But the blood card would be a clever ruse. Burn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit