JW's Are The Key to Survival

by proplog2 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

What a bunch of uneducated bullshit, so what you guys are saying we should keep one foot in the kingdom hall doors so we can

make a quick step back in , is that what I'm reading here ?

• tula
    tula
    The people who know their God implies an organization of people
    very close in their worship of their God.

whose "implication" is this? Is this your determination or can you give a scripture that actually says so.

If Jah searches the heart and if that is true, then those who are "under God's protective tent" would be individuals of his choosing.

An entire collective body of an organization may not meet Jah's criteria. It says this salvation is given as his pleasure. Do people actually think Jah owes them for the time turned in on cards?

very close in their worship of their God.

I think many people here have seen that this is not a true worship of God in this religion. That is why they leave in the first place. This entity organization of wbts is a false religion that will fall like all the rest. It is man made rules and regs. Not God-made. Not truth.

I suggest keeping your options open. If something resembling the kind
    of turmoil suggested in Daniel & Revelation occurs it may be time to reconnect.
    Survival would be the ONLY reason for going back.

LOL. This reminds me of the saying: Those who don't learn from their mistakes are destined to repeat them.

And if you want a scripture to back that up...how about the one where a dog returns to eat its vomit.

If my survival depended on it...I certainly would not want to have to survive under the conditions wbts puts upon its people. Jesus said "my yoke is light." That should tell you lots right there.

"Give me liberty or give me death"......anyone in agreement?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I'm not advocating anything.

I think it's interesting.

Perhaps you're taking the discussion too literally, Homerovah.

I think proplog2 is noting that in the JWs there exists a unified international structure that has characteristics that are needed for surviving cataclysm.

There is no promoting of it as positive or righteous or attractive.

• metatron
    metatron

At first this post made some sense - one could argue that closed, narrow groups might serve some

purpose in hard times, although I would consider the Mormons superior in that regard, since they

make an effort to educate their young ( college) and operate an internal welfare system.

However, I suddenly see a 'left turn' here, right back into your silliness with Daniel and Revelation.

It's ambiguous baloney - and you might as well be quoting Nostradamus or Mother Shipton or

whatever. It's an obsessive waste of time.

metatron

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

It sounds to me that there is some impressed fear still lingering in some peoples minds that they haven't been able to let go of completely

This a common psychological problem that many ex-jws have, it's an aftereffect of so much mental regulation over many years for some and does take time for them to heal.

The bible was written in a time of human history, where ignorance of the known world which we live in and of are selves was prominent and overwhelming profound

to not acknowledge that is a discredit to man's intelligence and is a detriment to are endeavors today.

Move away from ignorance unless you find ignorance to your advantage, I hope all of us will walk in the other direction

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

LMAO!

Say what you will of proplog2.

He knows I put no faith in his King of the North or King of the South scenarios.

Nor do I believe in the Divine Authorship of the Bible.

But I find the "network" concept he is describing to be interesting, all the moreso as I've heard something like it mentioned in conversations with active JWs.

Perhaps what he is "putting out there" will be manipulated to a greater degree by the JW leadership in the coming years, especially as speculation about WWIII mounts.

Even as they massage doctrinal issues, fear of the future will always be their chief way of controlling people.

To understand this is not the same as advocating it.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Sorry but I find this topic sensationally stupid

Personally I think Proplog2 is just sitting on the fence and doesn't know what side he should fall on

Maybe he just misses some of his Jw friends that he made over the years, I know I did

Nothing personal to all !

• proplog2
    proplog2

If the "shit really hits the fan" in thefuture, so much so that Witnesses globally lose contact with 'Mother',I think they will run around like headless chicken like all the rest.With no direct guidance from the org., I don't think they'll know whatto do. They will most likely gather in smaller groups, yes (book studygroups), but families and friends that are not JWs will do the same. Idon't see why non-JW individuals couldn't make it just fine under suchcircumstances either. The world would under the circumstances we'reprobably talking about become an anarchy, so large quantities of theaverage population may not follow their own government either(depending somewhat on the course of action of the government in thevarious countries) if such a situation arose.

It would be nice ifyou would say B when you've said A, by the way; "unseen entities"? Areyou talking about angels, aliens, secret brotherhood, what? If they are'the key to survival', do you mean they are the only key, and do yousuggest we should join them for this reason? Or do you mean they -among many similar groups - have the key to survival? What exactly are you "seeing" in the future?

With no direct guidance from the org. I don't think they'll know what to do.

HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT! Compare other organizations to JW's. JW's go to meetings 3 days per week. They each know just about everyone by name. They know JW's that live close by. They know JW's in many different congregations. The congregations are kept to a size that compares with the group size of other primates. There is an optimum size for good group communication. There are established lines of authority at every level of the organization. They have all had experience communicating. They have been trained and drilled to expect worst case scenarios. One of the most important things is they expect the duration of difficult times to be of a limited time period. This one fact will enable them to put up with more hardship. They will be less prone to "go crazy" because their world has been turned upside down. They will be expecting that their deliverance is near. Others will think that it is every man for himself. Not being part of a close community (admittedly a meddling community) they will become despondent and paranoid.

families and friends that are not JWs will do the same. Idon't see why non-JW individuals couldn't make it just fine under suchcircumstances either.

With a complete break-down of infrastructures such as delivery systems for fuel and food it is extremely unlikely that small groups will be able to form ad hoc associations for mutual benefit. Other groups such as Mormons and Bahais may be able to hold together longer than other religions but they have fatal flaws such as nationalism and they lack a conceptual framework for understanding the context of what is happening.

What exactly are you "seeing" in the future?

I see the USA (Babylon the Great) destroyed. JW's will get out of Babylon/USA when they see the sign of the disgusting thing standing where it shouldn't. They will pool their resources and flee to other countries. They can do this because of their world-wide family. They don't realize that Babylon the Great is not false religion but a political entity namely the USA. But they will reach that conclusion and be able to act on it.

• proplog2
    proplog2

I see I failed to edit out awakened07 full response. But the previous post was addressing awakened's issues.

• catbert
    catbert

When things get really bad, won't the guys with guns be the most successful at survival? Witnesses will be prey for the predators. Known to be pacifists. Easy pickings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit