WILL DISFELLOWSHIPPED ONES BE RESURECTED?

by altom 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Nice one, Amazing:

Never could het me head around the sinning against the spirit thing until now.

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• blondie
    blondie

In the past I asked what that sin could be. Never got the same answer twice. I stopped asking. Anyone who confidently says anyone or any group of people won't be resurrected, must think they are Jesus Christ. JWs are quite judgmental, a characteristic of people who are told they should try to be perfect.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

They have been back and forth on the ressurection of Soddom and Gomorrah like what 8 times? They said that since Soddom was destroyed that that was one of the periods of DIRECT judgement by God, like the flood was and that there is NO ressurection from that judgement which would be final. Then suddenly they decide God changed his mind about Soddom and WOULD ressurect them. God is fickle or what? My last understanding about the FATE of disfellowshipped ones or those who were INACTIVE for that matter, would be that if they died in an UNAPPROVED STATE as DFing is, they would NOT be ressurected. That having once BEEN in the troof, if they left for whatever reason, that was a direct violation against Gods spirit and was unforgiveable.

If they have somehow changed this to DFing ones BEING eligible for ressurection, heck, we can all rest easy who have been DFd for the new system isnt coming in OUR life time and death is a done deal.

I look at it this way, if indeed a day is as a thousand years to Jehovah, then there have only been two days since Jesus said the end was coming. Why would God only give us two days to get our act together?

• blondie
    blondie

JWs are currently studying the book of Isaiah. Supposedly Isaiah and Jeremiah were preaching during a period of judgment which came when the Babylonians destroyed Jerusalem and laid the land waste. Can it be assumed that those who died then will not have a resurrection? Just wondering. Dying in a judgment period is confusing...are there different types of judgment periods? Will those who died in 70 CE when Jerusalem was destroyed by the Romans also not have a resurrection?

I think this is why it is good to leave the judgment to God not humans.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

What if the disfellowshiped ones are not dead yet?

Could they still hope for a resurrection?

I would hope that god would extend this offer to all without discriminating against those who are alive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit