I know another poster!!!

by purplesofa 34 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I think this poster and I met online in 2001. Early 2002, a JW girlfriend of mine came over from Australia, I had a "get-together" at my house for some of us chatters from about.com. I think that is where we chatted then. I am not sure if it was shut down at that time or not. sKally might remember.

Shortly after about.com went down I started a JW community. So we all were pretty close, small, about 250 members.

Anyway, this poster and I were in gabbly last night and he knew who I was, as I have kept my same screen name.

I was so floored.

He has slept on my purple sofa on two different occasions!!! Two different get-togethers I had at my house. He was cruisin the chics!!! We climbed Pinnacle Mountain in Little Rock, I will never forget that.

I asked him if he thought I would ever be out of the truth and he said ......"I thought you were a lifer like me." We were not chatting about any doubts with the TRUTH.

So here is another person I meet at JWD that I knew as a JW. The poster is primitivegenious.

purps

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

COOL for you PS!!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

btw, hey PG

It was nice to catch up, glad you are here, congrats on baby and new life!!!

purps

• DJK
    DJK

I like climbing mountains. Maybe there will be a mountain climbing Apostafest someday.

Just another way for the folks on the JWD to meet.

Because it's there! Because we are there!

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

It's a small world after all huh?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Thats six people I have known as JW's that all post here now

Five I met online at JW chatrooms.

Four have been to my house~~~

Two have slept on the purple sofa!!!

One is from my very own congregation!!!

purps

• Gopher
    Gopher

That is really cool. Glad that he's out of that soul-sucking organization, and here with us. He's already a valued member of our forum!

• Trevanian
    Trevanian

I understand your excitement, but this intrigues me:

I asked him if he thought I would ever be out of the truth and he said ......"I thought you were a lifer like me."

Why do you call it "the truth"?

• horrible life
    horrible life
    Five I met online at JW chatrooms.

OH my. I find this very disturbing. If I am understanding this right, people who have the internet, are more likely to turn into exJW's.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Why do you call it "the truth"?

cuz that is just what it is called.

Do I think they have "the truth"?

NO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit