I am sooo stupid...we taught evolution?? What else don't I know?

by oompa 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Evolution has never been taught, but some of you guys ought to get the difference between macro and micro. Macro-evolution, crossing the species boundaries, has never been taught, and couldn't because it never has happened, whereas micro-evolution or adaption is taught, and should be, because it is a fact.

TOH

• marmot
    marmot

While I agree that the society has never taught macroevolution (they get around it by using "kinds") I have to strongly disagree with your statement that macroevolution never happened.

Take a really easy example: whales.

There is ample paleontological, molecular biological and morphological evidence that indicate whales evolved from a form of ungulate.

One could argue that this is just a massively long period of microevolution, but that would make the point moot because clearly whales are a different species from land ungulates.

Going back even farther, there is evidence to support that lower jaw bone structures in reptiles eventually became the inner ear bones in mammals.

Macroevolution's precise mechanism is hotly debated, but not its existence.

• carla
    carla

How far back do you want to go with the sheer stupidity of the wt? Here are some on the evils of aluminum cookware and vaccinations. I shall leave it to someone else to find the 'air baths' are good for you and you should do them regularly in the nude while jumping up & down.

The Golden Age, Nov. 12, 1929, p. 107

If the organs [of your body] are diseased, heal them by correcting your diet. Avoid the use of aluminum cooking utensils and alum baking powders as they are injurious to your health, poisoning your blood stream... Sleep on the right side or flat on your back, with the head toward the north so as to get benefit of the earth's magnetic currents. Avoid serum inoculations as they pollute the blood stream with their filthy pus.... Stop chewing gum, as you need the saliva for your food.

The following condemnations of vaccination were published in the Jehovah's Witnesses' periodical, The Golden Age, from 1921 to 1935. This magazine was first published in 1919:

bullet"Vaccination never prevented anything and never will, and is the most barbarous practice...We are in the last days; and the devil is slowly losing his hold, making a strenuous effort meanwhile to do all the damage he can, and to his credit can such evils be placed...Use your rights as American citizens to forever abolish the devilish practice of vaccinations."
    Thinking people would rather have smallpox than vaccination, because the latter sows seeds of syphilis, cancers, eczema, erysipelas, scrofula, consumption, even leprosy and many other loathsome affections. Hence the practice of vaccinations is a crime, an outrage, and a delusion." 3
    bullet
    bullet
  • oompa
    oompa
    Hippie: Evolution has never been taught,

Why do say this...it sure seems to in the past?

Also...I love the way the Brits say AL U MIN EE UM!.........oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit