I am sooo stupid...we taught evolution?? What else don't I know?

by oompa 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oompa
    oompa

I asked my dad not too long ago.."Just how many things do we have to be wrong about before you start to wonder if we really have the truth?" He said he had kind of thought about that and we talked about whether being wrong about so many things in the past meant we were teaching falsehoods...just like we condemn every other religion of. So I have really made him think about the Sept km about only using WT literature (he had this part). I have explained I am doing an intense study of what WT was teaching prior to 1919 and of course you cant do that by using the WT CD since it goes only to 1950. Only the Proclaimer book gives a bit of info, and even that is condemning.

So I sent him the link to wikipedia that has all the WT's from 1874-1949 and he was amazed they were available. Also sent him the paste of a 1918 WT that I previously posted that says we taught predestination and that even Adams actions were foreordained. He did not know either. Then he tell me my mom recently bought the photodrama of creation at an old book store, and that we also taught evoloution!!! How the crap did I not know this?!?!?! When did it change? I have a feeling there is a lot of old really false teachings WT taught I do not know about.....One other good news...my dad said he has never understood why we should be so afraid of apostate literature since whatever it contains should be easy to refute. I hope we set the number at maybe 50 false things WT taught and the whole clan exits! I bet I can find 50...............oompa

• Ténébreux
    Ténébreux

How about this: God deliberately made the Earth unsuitable for everlasting life prior to Adam's creation.

Golden Age, 31 December 1924:

Do not misconstrue the statement that the ground was cursed - disfavored - for Adam and Eve's sake. The earth was created especially for the human race, and the whole of its creative process was arranged to suit their creative process, their instruction, testing, training and disciplining to be free moral agents, every man a miniature king (in the earth) patterned after the great Ruler of the universe.

"The heaven, even the heavens, are the Lord's; but the earth hath he given to the children of men." - Psalm 115:16

The Lord timed the creation of Adam when the reactionary physical changes on the uncompleted planet would devitalize him, causing his death, eventually. In that sense, for his sake the ground was cursed, was made unfavorable.

This pre-arrangement, specially ordered in Adam's case, was a part of the great creative plan relatively just now beginning to be put into operation...

The problem that causes us to grow old and die, they go on to explain, is the earth's atmospheric conditions - most notably the unsuitably high levels of nitrogen.

• Awakened07
  • jgnat
    jgnat

How about that emotions reside in the literal heart? The WT has changed it's mind since and decided that the scripture in question should be interpreted as figurative.

http://www.watchtowerinformationservice.org/index.php/watchtower_quotes/medical-science/heart/

• oompa
    oompa

Jgnat: How about that emotions reside in the literal heart? The WT has changed it's mind since and decided that the scripture in question should be interpreted as figurative...................

Oh JG I am up on that one...I will never forget in the early 70's a district convention I attented as a young impressionalbe lad. The most dramatic sci-fi effects in WT history! Two big translucent boxes on stage, one with brain pictures on it, and one with heart pictures. As a bro on stage struggled with some stupid decision, lo and behold the light did flash forth! Each box had a light bulb in it and someone would flick it off and on as they tried to convice the bro what to do. I still remeber it like yesterday, and of course there are those brainlike cell on the heart that should not be there.........brother.....could I sue them for child mental abuse for fillin my head with that chit....oompa

• oompa
    oompa

Thanks Awakend07, I don't even remember hearing Russel before, even though I know I have. Isn't the internet amazing! But what the hey is that accent he is using? I can't place it. His speach is very dramatic...like early Hollywood snob actors would have...I actually kind of like it. I bet his natural speaking ability and voice pulled many in.....oompa

• bluebell
    bluebell

Wow I didn't know that about Russell either

• marmot
    marmot

The society actually STILL teaches evolution, but they don't draw attention to it. They're forced to teach a hard-core (and completely ridiculous) form of rapid evolution because of their literal interpretation of the Genesis flood account.

Since the ark was obviously limited in size and there are millions of species today, they teach that Noah took only "kinds" onto the ark, or proto-species that subsequently (and very VERY rapidly) evolved into the millions of diversified and highly adapted species we have today. For example one proto-feline pair would have produced domestic cats, lions, ocelots, lynxes (ironically, there's a picture of a drowning lynx in my Book of Bible Stories), panthers, cheetas, tigers, leopards and so on. One pair of proto-apes would have produced all the monkeys, gorillas, chimpanzees, baboons, lemurs, bushbabies, etc.

And don't forget that all this supposedly happened in the last 4000 years.

If you ever study evolution, you'll see that it is a process that takes millions of years. For example, the African and South American sub-continent were at one time a giant uninterrupted land mass. Fossils unearthed from that time period show a similar dentition pattern in both African and South American primates. Fast forward several million years and continental drift has separated the continents, isolating the primate populations into two separate groups. Evolution gradually creates two distinct dentition patterns as both groups evolve separately, so today all Old World primates have a similar pattern of teeth and all New World primates have a pattern different from this.

Most witnesses are unaware that they teach a radical form of extremely rapid evolution, and don't forget it HAS to be evolution creating all these diverse species because according to the bible, god is still on his creative "rest" day and wouldn't be whipping up any new animals after the flood.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

marmot beat me to the punch...good post. Here is a telling quote:

"Observe that the Creator makes no effort to itemize the hundreds of thousands of 'species' of the evolutionists. True, a large number of original created types would be found within each main division; but there is nothing to show that such Genesis kinds would even approach in number the varieties of them now living. So it is not necessary to dispute the facts related by learned biologists relative to obvious variation of kinds. What they see is correct, but this simply proves creation of original kinds which have since varied according to their natures." (12/22/1951 Awake!, p. 14)

• marmot
    marmot

Quote -

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The problem that causes us to grow old and die, they go on to explain, is the earth's atmospheric conditions - most notably the unsuitably high levels of nitrogen.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________

"Oxygen toxicity or oxygen toxicity syndrome (also known as the "Paul Bert effect") is severe hyperoxia caused by breathing oxygen at elevated partial pressures. The high concentration of oxygen damages cells. The precise mechanism(s) of the damage are not known, but oxygen gas has a propensity to react with certain metals to form superoxide which may attack double bonds in many organic systems, including the unsaturated fatty acid residues in cells. High concentrations of oxygen are known to increase the formation of cascades of such free-radicals in biological systems, at which in many then go on to directly harm DNA and other structures (see nitric oxide, peroxynitrite, and trioxidane). Normally, the body has many defense systems against such damage (see glutathione, catalase, and superoxide dismutase) but at higher concentrations of free oxygen, these systems are eventually overwhelmed with time, and the rate of damage to cell membranes exceeds the capacity of systems which control or repair it. Cell damage and cell death then results."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit