Did the Watchtower screw up your life ?

by JH 32 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

On a scale from 1 to 10, to what degree did they screw up your life ? Let it be the Watchtower or the JW's... 10 is the Maximum

I'd say 7

• changeling
    changeling

Not anymore. I won. I'm out.

changeling

• stillajwexelder
  • FadingAway
    FadingAway

3, haven't been in long to mess me up emotionally, but wife is still in so I have to deal with spousal issues.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

About 6 months ago, I would've said 8 but now its about a 4. But I still think I need therapy.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Not as bad as I screw up the Watchtower with seminars that educate.

• zeroday
    zeroday

10+ irreparable damage don't think I'll ever recover...

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Temporarily.

• JH
    JH

People joining that cult, don't realize what they are exposing themselves to....my neighbour is studying with an elder....he told me that he would never go door to door, or get baptized or wear a suit and tie....so i spoke to him today and he said he is going to the meeting tomorrow and will wear a suit and tie.....I said you caved in.....he said no I said YES. !!!

Then i said, youll have to go door to door one day, he said NO, I said yes youll have to.....and youll cave in again and then i said youll get baptized and youll cave in again. I also said, youll have to be obedient to the elders in everything....he said no I'm a leader and wont take that...

His life is just about to be screwed up good......

• llbh
    llbh

Some days 9 - when i feel a victim- not often. When i realise I was a stupid fool 9. When I look at my lovely children 0 When I think of those i have lost but still love 0. On balance it was down to me and i am enjoying life, and planning for more. ps can i have another life ?

llbh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit