Tony Blair 'ashamed and embarassed' by BBC coverage of Katrina

by sixsixsixtynine 18 Replies latest social current

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine

Ok, not his exact words. But he did feel that it was 'full of hatred for America'. Perhaps this might have skewed ones perception of the events at the time?

Lets hope the CBC is a little more 'fair and balanced'.

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/politics/article313482.ece

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Charles Manson, leader of the Manson "family", believed that the murderous activities of his followers would precipitate wide-spread, black-white race wars and an Armageddon he called "Helter Skelter."(supposedly predicted in the Beatles tune of that name), after which the "family" would emerge from their safe hiding place in the Mojave Desert, and take over what remained of the United States, with Charles Manson as King.

http://www.ohnonews.com/manson.html

Isn't he the one credited with saying that "There's nothing wrong with brainwashing because some people's brains need to be cleaned."?

• Brother Apostate
  • MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

WHAT IS THE GOOD NEWS?

By James Caputo

"And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to the nations; and then the end will come." –Matthew 24:14 NWT

Yep, it's old news!

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine

Yes, this is rather 'old news', But just heard of this story recently myself.

I found it interesting as one poster here started a thread (after Katrina hit) asking Americans if we were 'ashamed and embarassed' by the chaos in New Orleans.

And his overall posting on said thread seemed to be filled with 'hatred toward America'..

Here's the link:

Oops, it no longer exists. As the author used his administrative power to delete it. Guess it never happened.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

What are you talking about mrsD? What does Manson have to do with any of this or are you on your agenda again?

• Simon
    Simon

Blair doesn't like the BBC because it stood up to him and questioned the pretences for his war.

The fact is, they reported the news and it was an embarrassing episode for America IMO.

I found it interesting as one poster here started a thread (after Katrina hit) asking Americans if we were 'ashamed and embarassed' by the chaos in New Orleans.

And his overall posting on said thread seemed to be filled with 'hatred toward America'..

Here's the link:

Oops, it no longer exists. As the author used his administrative power to delete it. Guess it never happened.

I have little time or patience for people who try and manipulate things to give a false impression. No topic has been deleted.

• brinjen
    brinjen

I find it quite laughable how anyone who questions the actions of a certain politician it is automatically seen as "hating America". There is a difference between expressing a sentiment that is anti-Bush and anti-American.

• Bryan
    Bryan

I have to say, as a person who experienced Katrina, that to say there was imbarrasment is like saying you don't like Oklahoma City when you've never been there. You have no idea what you are talking about. For fifty years New Orleans has been talking about how the levies would not hold up. New Orleans/Louisiana, is one of the most polically corrupt places in our country. The biggest failure was at the local level. Period!

I evacuated my family and got sick of watching these young guys waiding through the water with children on their shoulders and family in tow. Were they crazy?! They could, at the very least, taken their family to the Dome. The problem there was that Nagan provided no water, no food and no portable toilets. A large part of the city was in that building, how did he think they would live in that place? Busses left sitting in the parking lot.

Sorry, in major incedents as this you must be prepared to care for your family for a few days. Louisiana has become nothing more than a welfare state. Blanco and Negan, in my book, should shoulder most of the blame. They were cluless.

Sorry no time for spall check.

Bryan

• James Free
    James Free

Tony Blair - who is he? He has already been forgotten as a failed leader producing unfulfilled promises and blindly pandering to Bush - against the wishes of the majority of the British people who see Bush for what he is. Next year we can forget that sh**h++d too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit