Did you have "a personal relationship to Jehovah"?

by Awakened07 23 Replies latest jw friends

• DJK
    DJK

I still do, he's holds my toilet paper.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I used to speak regularly to Jehovah but the bastard never spoke back!

I gave up in the end and decided that I would speak to other Gods who were more sociable - at least they answered!

G /|\

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Yes of course, but I was under a psychosis of fear and delusion

• oompa
    oompa

Never could figure this one out...never had it and admited it to dubs all my life. I wanted it to be more like rock and roll pentacostals...you know....like a warm fuzzy feeling coming down over you....ME?..Nada......It is a self-motivation internal thing....oompa

• Satanus
    Satanus

Oompa Oooh yes, the pentacostals. Now, they know how to get high, i mean get into the higher realms. And if they fail, they fake it. Anyhow, i still use some of the stuff that they told me. Strong demons, in there, hehe.

S

• kifoy
    kifoy

No, I could never understand how one could have that. And I had, and still have, no idea how a personal relationship with Jehovah should be like.
    How was I supposed to feel if I had a relationship like that? I don't know.

But since it was really desirable to have such personal relationship with "our father", I felt really bad when I couldn't figure this out.
    And especially those perfect pioneer sisters that was interviewed at conventions, convinced me to believe that it was me there was something wrong with.

kifoy

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

Yes - I must say I wanted, but never had any "physical" contact with J.

When I said I sometimes felt I had this personal relationship, it was more that I "felt" that he was "out there"; felt a presence of a sort. But very weak. I gathered that others had a much stronger bond than me - you know, the ones who were really active in the cong.

Interestingly, when you bring up pentecostals; I've watched a few videos on YouTube by a guy who used to be a pentecostal, but is now out of it. He actually had visions, people prophesied for him and some of it got fulfilled, he heard voices etc. etc. Now he's an agnostic/atheist (he first called himself an atheist, now he says agnostic). I admire him a great deal, because he is very eloquent and intelligent, and you can see he's been through a lot. His video series on what he went through from being a pentecostal to becoming an agnostic, can be found here. It's a very long 'ride', with many many parts, so you'd have to have some time to "waste" to see it. But in my opinion, it's worth it. I don't know the guy, haven't spoken to him, he was never a JW, but I still feel I have things in common with him, except of course for his very strong experiences. He has now made a new video series exposing the faith healers within the pentecostal movement.

I find it interesting that someone with such strong experiences become an agnostic. As a Witness I actually used to acknowledge the kind of stories pentecostals would tell, but of course I would think the Devil did it. But at the same time, I was a little "envious" of their very "physical" experiences. Now - not so much. But interesting.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Absolutely, yes, I have and had a "personal relationship to Jehovah". That is why I left. I knew that my relationship with "him" was better than the ones the elders had. I knew for an absolute certainty that disfellowshipping and shunning did NOT make the loving creator happy in the slightest. So... in my realization... I placed myself in the situation to be treated the same way...

and I knew that I was RIGHT.

Love,
    Baba.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'm a quiet guy and so is Jehovah. Our conversations were very boring.

W

• oompa
    oompa

I guess I felt close to him only when unintentionally calling out to him......and that only happens during sex....oompa....oh God....good God....God damn! etc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit