First time I got Dfd was hilarious

by okiesooner1966 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• okiesooner1966
    okiesooner1966

I was sixteen, my dad was an Eld I think PO at the time. I did'nt want to go back to the meeting right after they read my letter but because of the you live under my roof policy I had no choice. It was the Sunday meeting after they had read my letter on Thursday. At the hall I went to they always chatted it up until mister enforcer would get on the stage and say its time to find your seats we are about to start the borefest. On this particular Sunday I showed up with my dad about twenty minutes early, I scared them so bad everyone ended up in their seats ten miutes before it even started. It took everything I had to keep from laughing my ass from the row where all the diffs were sitting. At he time they were three in that row all about my age and younger it was awesome. When we got home my dad said he had never seen anything like that before.

• dinah
    dinah

That's funny Okie. They act like being DF'd is a disease you can catch.

Have you posted your story yet?

• okiesooner1966
    okiesooner1966

Yes I have go to my profile area.

• dinah
    dinah

Thanks Okie,

I just read it. It sounds amazingly like mine! Especially thinking you'd never make it to kindergarten before Armageddon. I had the exact same thoughts. Every year I would think...... I'll never make to (insert grade) before the end.

JC's are like emotional rape, I've been through two of them. Once I was publicly reproved, complete with long talk about sexual misconduct right before the annoucement. The second time I was df'd and the elders had their minds made up before we met in the back room.

• lawrence
    lawrence

The row with the "diffs" was great at different halls. At one hall the 4 diffs sat there looking like people who go to an A.A. meeting to have their court slips signed. Once in a while they would assign a "guard" to ensure the diffs weren't spreading apostacy amongst themselves, or trading contraband. Too long in the bathroom raised the curiousity of a guard. Finding a pint bottle later dumped in the bottom of the trash barrel was now the work of the BOE. I made sure after all of my last meetings I would dump an empty bottle in the washroom trash can, just to keep the prurient busy. One week \vodka, the next week shnaps, one Thursday bourbon, the next Thursday Wild Irish Rose. The wife, one week would dump in the ladies room, the next week I would do the mens room, and then our last Sunday, we dumped bottles in both washrooms. I had my brother-in-law dump the botlles for a month after we da'ed. There were special talks about drinking at the KH and the holiness of the KH and "no one in their right mind would drink during life saving meetings." No?

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle
    I scared them so bad everyone ended up in their seats ten miutes before it even started.

That's because as of that last Thurday night you were from the Debbil. They didn't want to catch your Debbil-cooties. Was it hard to comb your hair after Thursday with those horns sticking out of your head?

It took everything I had to keep from laughing my ass from the row where all the diffs were sitting. At he time they were three in that row all about my age and younger it was awesome.

My older brother is right around your age and was involved in some stuff that got his arse DA'd along with several other kids from other congo's. Sadly, he found his way back to the jw's and is either an elder or ms now (I have no idea which because we don't talk, I think he thinks the Debbil got me.)

Eagle

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    They act like being DF'd is a disease you can catch.

True, you can "catch" it, because of their policy. If you associate with a disfellowshipped person, you will also get disfellowshipped.

In the case of apostasy, it is so catching because the Watchtower is built on such a flimsy foundation. Were it built more sturdy, it would be much harder for people to poke holes in their material and for people to believe it. Only by strict rules against even examining apostate material is anyone kept from knowing anything about it, because once you know what it says, the "truth" seems so full of hot air.

• DublDipd
    DublDipd

Hey Okie!

I've believe that we have sat through many meetings on that DF/DA'd back row together! Man...the memories, gotta love it! One of the favorite activities back there was de-facing the pictures in the WT mags on Sunday during the WT study. I remember a particularly funny one... {{{{flashback}}}}

The lesson was concerning the mortal danger of how some pubs may be slowly "drifting" away (so slowly, in fact, they may not even be AWARE of it!) So the picture on one of the pages was of some dude in a rowboat, no paddles, just "drifting" along. You drew a picture of an OUTBOARD MOTOR on the back of the rowboat. When you showed it to me (during the closing prayer) I remember thinking, "OH sh#t, I can't hold this freekin' laugh in". We all busted out laughin....sounded like a pack of rabid hyenas!!

I remember getting nastier-than-usual looks from most in attendance after they had looked up from the prayer! CLASSIC!!

• dinah
    dinah

Dub,

Visualizing the outboard motor------PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not just drifting, I'm gettin' the hell outta here!

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I made sure after all of my last meetings I would dump an empty bottle in the washroom trash can, just to keep the prurient busy. One week \vodka, the next week shnaps, one Thursday bourbon, the next Thursday Wild Irish Rose. The wife, one week would dump in the ladies room, the next week I would do the mens room, and then our last Sunday, we dumped bottles in both

You must have drove them nuts especially when it continued after you had left...........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit