Jehovah invented the sword, according to Genesis.

by marmot 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Ever read the Book of Enoch, Aleman?

It's interesting.

• marmot
    marmot

Quote:
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________

Well lets see:

Adam lived 930 yrs.
    Seth, Adams son lived 912 yrs.
    E'nosh Seths son lived 905 yrs.
    Ke'nan, E'noshs son lived 910 yrs.
    Ma-hal'a-ele lived 895 yrs.
    Ja'red lived 962 yrs.
    E'noch lived 365 yrs. and God took him.
    Me-thu'se-lah lived 969 yrs.
    La'mech lived 777 yrs.
    Then Noah had 500 yrs. when he began the construction of the great ark. Now I'm not mentioning from the great flood to the birth of Christ. So how many years is that? are you good in math?

-Aleman
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________

You can't just string their lifespans end to end, you've got to take into account when they were supposedly born (ie: Adam didn't father Seth at 930 years of age, etc.)

All the convoluted calculations have already been done for you by the Watchtower Society. That date I plugged is taken is from the society's publications. Check it out on your WT-Library CD-ROM, just do a search on "chronology".

According to the society's literal interpretation of the bible the human race is roughly 6000 years old, which is hogwash.

• Aleman
    Aleman

Yes I have, and yet I feel more in tune with Jehovah my God.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Ever read the Book of Enoch, Aleman ?

It's interesting.

Yes I have, and yet I feel more in tune with Jehovah my God.

Why do you feel that Jehovah your God excluded it from the Bible, but His so-called organization once sold a book about concepts closely related to what's described in it?

Seola ( revised and distributed as Angels and Women)

In 1878 J. G. Smith published a novel titled Seola. In 1924 it was revised by a Bible Student (JW) and published under the title Angels and Women. It was recommended by the Watchtower Society in two Golden Age magazines.

According to the Watchtower's view of how the book was written, Angels and Women is an automatic writing book. The Foreword states that the woman who wrote it was "impelled to write it after listening to beautiful music." [1] It also said that the spirit that "dictated" the novel to Mrs. Smith was one of the fallen angels who desired to return to God's organization. [2]

Why then did the Society endorse this book since they have condemned reading books "dictated" to authors by fallen angels or demons as being spiritism? The Society at the time believed that some demons or fallen angels were honest and could be saved and return to God's organization. Angels and Women, they believed, was channeled or "dictated" to the author by one such fallen angel who was honest and told the truth about pre-flood conditions on earth. They endorsed the book and said it shed some "light" on the subject since it came from an 'honest' fallen angel who was there at the time. They therefore claimed to receive new "light" from a demon according to their own statements.

This is a clear example to me of Rutherford and the Society believing in and endorsing the views of "honest" demons and also a direct involvement with the occult and spiritism which they would call "deviltry" or "demonism." Today we would call this channeling.

Does the leadership of the modern-day organization regret their involvement with that book?

What current teachings will they regret 20, 30, 50, 80 years from now?

• marmot
    marmot

Bump, 'cause active witnesses are re-reading Genesis now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit