The Astrodome DC's

by 5go 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

You probably wouldn't have wanted anything to do with astroworld during it's later years. The place had turned into one big ghetto-blasting, wanna-b gang bangers babysitting service the section 8 crowd sent their kids to during the summer. It has lost it's charm of being "family friendly" long ago.

• knock knock
    knock knock

My family traveled there in '72 or '73 I think. I was just in awe of the huge stadiums that we went to and my mind was more on that than listening to any jw program. I got to go to Astroworld by myself on one of the afternoons . It rained and I had almost no money and I was by myself. Not a lot of fun there.

My dad was not a witness but went to the assemblies sometimes and he liked to walk so I always made sure I got to go walking with him. That's what I remember about many assemblies...a lot of walking. :)

The other thing about the Houston assembly, a couple of mexican jw girls about my age taught me how to swim in the motel pool. So that was something positive at least.

• Priest73
    Priest73

I was there in 78 i believe. Just a kid, so I don't remember much.

• ?evrything
    ?evrything

I got baptized at the Astrodome in 01. Talk about a great place to not have to pay attention. Sad they will probably tear it down soon.

• jeremiah18:5-10
    jeremiah18:5-10

Went to many conventions there, including the international, was only 7-8 years old though. Got baptized there in 1987. Loved running around that place during pre-convention setups. I was, and still am, a big Astros fan. It was a dream come true to be on the field and in the dug out

• ?evrything
    ?evrything

dam Jeremiah how are you dealing since the Astros are doing so bad lol. But yea the HIGHLIGHT of my baptism was changing in the Astros locker room and walking out on the field through the tunnel. Never forget that.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I remember the Houston astrodome

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

Had to bump this forward and ask if anyone remembers the giant plywood wall that was erected on the field that fell over during a break and landed on top of 2 brothers. Made such a loud noise, that everyone gasped . They were taken out on stretchers , does anyone recall this and what happened to the two. Asked around and no one tells like its a secret. This was in maybe 1983 or 84. There was quite a few mishaps in houston area back then. Like when they were building the assembly hall in rosenberg and 2 brothers fell off the roof and died. Another hush hush incident as if Jehovah was neglecting his flock, so don't talk about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit