The Astrodome DC's

by 5go 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• 5go
    5go

I sort of miss it. Though I am not missing the DC's, though I wish I could.(PUN)

Share you memories of the DC's held at the Astrodome.

I alway sat in the grey sections.

I remember hearing about an attendant decking some one on the field during a baptism.

• BIG D
    BIG D

we went there once i ws like 12, and we always skipped one day of the assemblies and did something, we went to astroworld, we were poor and that was something!

big d

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Went there one time...was very young though and don't remember much. I remember we were sitting really close to speakers though.

• 5go
    5go
    we went there once i ws like 12, and we always skipped one day of the assemblies and did something, we went to astroworld, we were poor and that was something!

Yeah we the day before one year it was perfect because there was few lines.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Does anyone remember the International convention in 77-78?

Tons O' Dubs at that one.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Went there numerous times. Seats too narrow and the most atrocious sound ever. The place is a giant echo chamber. Always sat up high, until they started not serving food, telling people to not bring small chests, and corralling people into the lower sections with no room to spread out in, then I just quit going. Now, JWs I know like to speculate how the place has fallen into disrepair and is dirty since, in exchange for them supposedly cleaning it for free, they're not using it anymore. Fact is, the sports authority probably doesn't want to work with them anymore....the cheap bastards that the WT are.

• zamora251978
    zamora251978

I went to a Spanish International assembly. Lots of people. I enjoyed it but now i know i was blind.

Lulu

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

Was there every year growing up. I was baptized there in the mid-80's. Oh, the walking! Round and round and round, ramp after ramp. In the days before cell phones, you had to keep a close eye on anyone you were with, or make explicit plans to meet someone, because with 33,000 people on so many levels, you'd never find anyone.

It was always exciting to me.

• 5go
    5go
    Now, JWs I know like to speculate how the place has fallen into disrepair and is dirty since, in exchange for them supposedly cleaning it for free, they're not using it anymore. Fact is, the sports authority probably doesn't want to work with them anymore....the cheap bastards that the WT are.

I wonder how many witnesses catch on to stuff like that. No the Astrodome hasn't and that is despite that fact it isn't used that much anymore. I bet they left do to the vendors demanding that they get a cut. In fact that is probaly why they keep using Belton and the other crappy facilities they use now, fewer vendors to fight.

• Serg
    Serg

yea, I remember the spanish international assemblies of 98 and 2000. Place was packed with people from all over Latin America and a few from Spain. Boy if I only knew back then what I know now, a lot of stuff would be different now...

Now I regret not taking off at least at lunch time every day to go to Astroworld, now of course we have no amusement park!

I should have taken advantage!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit