JWs Use A "Very Powerful Weapon" to Silence Ex-JWs

by AuldSoul 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Insight on the Scriptures Volume 1,p.787Expelling

One who was cast out as wicked, cut off entirely, would be considered worthy of death, though the Jews might not have the authority to execute such a one. Nevertheless, the form of cutting off they did employ was a very powerful weapon in the Jewish community. Jesus foretold that his followers would be expelled from the synagogues. (Joh 16:2) Fear of being expelled, or "unchurched," kept some of the Jews, even the rulers, from confessing Jesus. (Joh 9:22, ftn; 12:42) An example of such action by the synagogue was the case of the healed blind man who spoke favorably of Jesus.—Joh 9:34.

They wrote the book. They know it is a "very powerful weapon" used to silence people from voicing their earnest convictions. Shammatta is the kind of expelling that most closely corresponds to disfellowshipping; disfellowshipping is only used when the GB would order death, if they legally could.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Good show old soul. This thread and the one about shunning being defined as torture really drives a point home to me. The witnesses deep love for me, and the pain they must have felt by crucifying me, brings a tear to my eyes.............. NOT!!!!!!!!

These lousy scumbags, know exactly what they are doing. Thats called premeditated. It's called malice aforethought, with grevious intent, to coin a legal loser phrase from the Governing body of sadists.

You little Peckers, owe me 20 good years, and you can't pay! If I could get a pound of flesh from the "Shylock class", it wouldn't be enough.

It the anniversary death of "C.T. Ruffle( my feathers)", today, and I don't have much good to say other than, " You are very lucky Mr. Russel that you do not bear the bloodguilt that promulgated after your demise." Your "suck cessor", was a fat drunk, who instituted the policies of shunning and turned your bee leafs upside down, into what resembles modern Judaism with no mercy. Happy Halloween Asshole!

• jacethespace
    jacethespace

It seems to me that the watchtower is no diffrent than the all controlling catholic church during the dark ages that would not tolerate anyones opposition and tortured and put them to death for speaking out against the church.

I think that if it was allowed the watchtower today would point to the scriptures under the mosaic law and have opposers put to death as well.

• spiritboi
    spiritboi

I am still in the process of undoing the brainwashing and indoctrination by the JWs....belief that the Bible is word of god is declining...but still not 0% yet...

Now on the matter of df'd, they seem to have a scriptural basis for it..."remove the wicked one from amoing you" and on the issue of blood , the scripture "abstain from blood". Were these scriptures quoted out of context? So what is your interpretation of these scriptures?

Please bear with me. I have left for 3 years but have only succeeded in undoing their indoctrination by <20%. Teach me also how to speed up the de-indoctrination process....

• vitty
    vitty

Hi spiritboi

You could read the book Crisis of Conscience written by Ray franz. I ordered this book from Amazon. It really helped me understand whats behind the doctrines of the WT which helped me get "undoctrinated " quicker.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Hi Spritboi. I think to de-program faster, you actually have to re-program. So start reading and exploring. Read up on Taoism/Daoism. Study Bhuddism, and the different schools or "vehicles" as they're referred to. The mythology of Hinduism is interesting, but very extensive. Then, compare, contrast, reflect on what you learn.

As for the Jws weapon, yes its pretty crappy. They ARE just like modern time pharisees, bastards.

To all those hurt by this weapon, I can only say that i sympathize, and not to give up but try to fight it. Even if that fight is only within yourself, healing is possible. When it comes to deeply ingrained programming, I think its better to be gentle and sneaky with it, come at your pain from an oblique angle.

• hubert
    hubert
    You could read the book Crisis of Conscience written by Ray franz.

Vitty beat me to it. As soon as I read your post, I knew "C of C" was right for you. Once you read it, the blinders will be off for good.

Hubert

• freyd
  • oompa
    oompa

We may feel like freaks as having any close link with JW. But this Weapon is still being used with way more power in islam....they still cut off body parts, whip in public, and stone and behead people!! The Catholics of long ago is another good analogy. I told my therepist and my dad that JW is the most judgemental religion on earth except for islam. But here in the USA we are one of four well known groups that do severe shunning or casting out....Amish, Hassidic Jew, Mormans and us. I saw a great documentary on Hassidics and those that left have started a kind of a jewsih halfway house for cast off kids who are almost helpless.....I wish religion was illegal....oompa....ps....my 21 year old has been df'd since 16.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, spiritboi. Let me take a stab at your questions.

Now on the matter of df'd, they seem to have a scriptural basis for it..."remove the wicked one from amoing you"

The question to ask is, to what degree do you apply this scripture? Is it intended for every sin? There are some people, obviously, that you have to expel. That's why we have bouncers in bars. That's why this scripture is written. I'd like to hear an adequate explanation from a witness why a smoker, for instance, is expelled from the congregation. What about the tragic consequences for a pregnant teen, for instance. Is this scripture truly intended to over-ride natural parental love and protection?

and on the issue of blood , the scripture "abstain from blood". Were these scriptures quoted out of context?

Absolutely. Why did the Jews have rules around blood in the first place? To revere and sanctify the life of all creatures. It is AGAINST God's ways to sacrifice life for the sake of a minor law.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit