Is that a pumpkin in your window, brother?

by Fatfreek 20 Replies latest jw friends

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

I used to have a small shop. In the window I always had item's connected with what I did in my shop. Included was a string of light's I had made, out of empty holders, with small bulb's hanging from them. They were on 24/7/365. One early December evening after the meeting a couple of "brothers" said they needed to speak with me in the back. After a few how's it going etc's. "Brother X say's, it's come to our attention that you have Christmas lights hanging in your shop window??? I said, I don't know where you got your info from, but NO I do not have Christmas lights in the windows. "Brother" Y say's, we drove past your shop the other night and saw them all lit up, and a few others have seen them as well. I told them, that those light's are a part of my year round display, and have been there for three years! Well "sister" so and so's bible study saw them and was HIGHLY offended! You need to remove them!! I said NO!! You need to just explain that they are a permanent part of my store display, and because they are on all the time, no one thinks they're Christmas lights, and they really catch my target customers eyes, and bring in a large part of my business!! They said, well as long as they're up, we won't be able to use you for any special things in the congregation!! I said, OK and got up and left!! I was already on the road to waking up, and this was just one more PUSH!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit