Just spoke w/ Elders Pls Help

by thepackage 18 Replies latest jw friends

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN
    How did she get away with it? She was the PO's wife- that's why. PO's hold a lot of power- their kids never seem to get DF'd not matter what they do

This only holds true for corrupt, imperious elders, of whom there is admittedly an oversupply in the WT organization.

Moreover, any individual elder, including the PO, enjoys power and influence only to the extent that he is a fiercely loyal, jack-booted hardliner on a body made up of similar types who crack the whip abusively in dealing with those in the congregation. An elder who finds himself the lone compassionate voice of reason, who undertakes seriously and with Christian integrity his role as shepherd and minister to the flock will find himself (and his wife and family) viciously targeted by the CO and other elders and drummed out of position. AMNESIAN Captive: 7/1972---2/2001
  • primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

like i tell everyone....... they have to have two witnesses proveing that you did anything.

really tho if they want you out they will get you out. so deny deny deny.

claim that you were invited to a family gathering and didnt realize it was a bd party. you turned the kids loose to go have fun with their cousins and you stayed in the main house with your family.

if you want a fight or want to be dfed then call them out and ask where the scriptures are supporting not haveing birthday parties. then they will mark you automaticly as being arguemenative and point out where john lost his head and back in egypt where the cupbearer (or was it the damn baker) got killed both on birthdays.................. then you can point out...... so it was a common thing for jews to celebrate their birthdays then wasnt it........ have you ever heard of a barmitzvah.... jesus was a jew........... so he celebrated his birthday as was the custom correct? so the things that my savior did............ am i not supposed to look at them as an example and strive to be more christlike?

lol see how long into that it takes before their dub sheilds go down and nothing you say penetrates. prolly 30 seconds in

good luck tho

• Trevanian
    Trevanian
    ...so it was a common thing for jews to celebrate their birthdays then wasnt it........ have you ever heard of a barmitzvah.... jesus was a jew........... so he celebrated his birthday as was the custom correct? so the things that my savior did............ am i not supposed to look at them as an example and strive to be more christlike?

I haven't heard this one before.

Barmitzvah. Birthday.

I like it.

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

Bar/Bat Mitzvahs started after Bible times, so that one really doesn't have much weight.

If you want to celebrate your birthday, go ahead, though.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Did you attend the Bday party, or was it your unbaptized child? Tell them that you allowed your child to associate with their relatives and that the birthday party was not sanctioned by that action. It is clear to them that you are a JW and that you don't sanction bdays. It was your choice to allow your child to visit their cousin and it was not attended as a religious holiday, you know the difference. End of discussion. I assume you don't celebrate bdays as a rule yourself. So tell them that you don't celebrate birthdays. Thanks for your interest. They can't do anything according to the rules. You will see if they will trump up crap, if so you were doomed anyway. Don't make a big deal of it if you don't want to be df'd. W.Once

• moshe
    moshe

I told a JW once when they used the example of John the Baptist getting killed at a birthday party as proof that birthday parties were not approved fro Christians. I simply told him, "so if it John had been killed at a wedding feast, JW's would be opposed to weddings, too?" The JW was floored by that analogy and his jaw dropped- he had no come back at all for that one, period. You still can't reason with a JW on birthdays, so don't try. Lie about the party and pick you time to leave the KH on your terms.

• Trevanian
    Trevanian
    You still can't reason with a JW on birthdays, so don't try.

Exactly. It's one of those teachings that make no sense whatsoever, except as a way to enforce an "us and them" mindset.

Us against the world.

Which is purely and simply cult behaviour.

Lie about the party and pick you time to leave the KH on your terms.

NO!

Don't lie.

Be the bigger person. Take lying out of the picture.

• BrentR
    BrentR

It's way too stressful living a double life. When I left I did it quick and put distance between me and the elders. Who has time to play thier goofball power tripping games anyway? I have lived 24 yrs away from the dubs and with limited exposure to my family. During that time I have had complete hapiness and been very succesful.

I don't want to be around my JW family anymore then they want to be around me.

Just leave them and get on with your life and your passions.

• Warlock
    Warlock

I would ask them why they have not taken an interest in me until now.

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit