Frank Zappa on the coming 'Fascist Theocracy'. (1986)

by hillary_step 30 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Apart from the comic value of this interview in which Frank Zappa presents his views on censorship, I found it interesting that he was mocked for suggesting that the US was set on a course that was leading to a 'Fascist Theocracy'. This was recorded in 1986 so the quality is a little ragged, but the spirit shows through!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HljzEXJvj8

This is not a 'short' listen.

HS

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

When Hilary gets elected I think it will change!

• JK666
    JK666

h_s,

I have a copy of his autobiography, and his viewpoints are hilarious and apropos.

JK

• JK666
    JK666

h_s,

I have a copy of his autobiography, and his viewpoints are hilarious and apropos.

JK

• JK666
    JK666

h_s,

I have a copy of his autobiography, and his viewpoints are hilarious and apropos. I

JK

• JK666
    JK666

h_s,

I have a copy of his autobiography, and his viewpoints are hilarious and apropos. I loved

JK

• JK666
    JK666

h_s,

I have a copy of his autobiography, and his viewpoints are hilarious and apropos. I loved how

JK

• JK666
    JK666

h_s,

I have a copy of his autobiography, and his viewpoints are hilarious and apropos. I loved how he cracked on religion and government. I do not know what happened on the multiple posts, my computer had an orgasm!

JK

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

John - are you o.k.? You keep repeating yourself.

• Forscher
    Forscher

Frank Zappa obviously didn't have a clue.

Back in 1986 we had censorship in place under the medium of the fairness in broadcasting doctrine. But it was conservative opinion which was being suppressed instead of liberal. That ended a year later. The very Congress Zappa was worried about considering censorship was left-wing dominated, and had been for twenty years at the time. But he was out there spewing the same chicken-little fear-mongering which we hear out of the left-wing today. I am glad history has proved him wrong.

Forscher

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit