HUUUUGE Earthquake in San Jose, CA just now!

by AnneB 28 Replies latest jw friends

• AnneB
    AnneB

and there's nothing on the news here about it!

If anybody sees a news report would you please post the magnitude and damaged areas?

Thanks...we're all fine where I live.

• Spectre
    Spectre

I felt it down here in Seaside.

It lasted a while, eh?

• John Doe
    John Doe

http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/Quakes/nc40204628.htm

This site gives a map and information, doesn't seem to have anything on damage. Looks like a 5.6.

• John Doe
  • Gopher
    Gopher

There was no news of an earthquake (at the time I post this) on the website for San Jose's newspaper: http://www.mercurynews.com

Glad you're okay, Anne and Spectre.

• tula
  • AnneB
    AnneB

Now there's news....they're still saying 5.6...I think it was worse. The epicenter is about 10 iles fro where I am. Some of my neighbors lost cable service and cell phone service. All the elderly people are trickling downstairs to the Community Room now. I guess they're worried about aftershocks.

i've been through many earthquakes in CA. This one was strange; it sounded like thunder the whole time! The building rocked side to side, reeeeeally rocked!

Ah, well.....back to your regularly scheduled programming!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm trying to reach my mother to see what she's heard about it, she's in northern Cali

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Can't reach Mom but I've found this:

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Yipppeeee, my first earthquake here!

I first heard the sound in the distance and felt rattling, and I thought it must be a really loud train. The TV was on, so I couldn't make out the sound too much but then the whole house was shaking back and forth, and then it was pretty clear. I thought for a second of what I would do if I had to go outside (I'm not exactly dressed fully at the moment), but the shaking stopped. Then I went to the USGS website and within five minutes there was a notice about the quake with the epicenter. Then the second the magnitude was listed the local network cut in with the news anchor telling us about the quake and the magnitude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit