At what age do you consider a person "Old" ?

by JH 37 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Now that I'm in my late 40's, old means about 80 years old...

I'm still young at 47, I think

• dawg
    dawg

When they'res no more lead in the pencil

• flipper
    flipper

100 years old. I plan on surviving through the 1,000 year reign myself ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• John Doe
    John Doe

47 is ancient. (ancient is just taking my age and adding a couple decades. ;-)

• lola28
    lola28

25, that's puppy lake time.

Lola

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I grew up in the '70's (OMG Sister Golden Hair just came on the radio) and I believed you shouldn't trust anyone over 30. Now I'm pushing 50 and 30 seems young, although not that long ago.

Old is when I die. Right now I'm quite thrilled about living my life in freedom and I FEEL young.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Old is not a number it is a state of mind.

I take care of a lady who is 80 and lives in an elderly housing community. I noticed after a while of spending time with her that she never goes to the activities they have in her community. Although she does a lot outside of it. When I asked her why this was so, her response was "I hate being around all those old people!". Go figure. Lilly

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

lovelylil is right. It's just a number. I feel younger now than I did 20 years ago. It helps to be happy.

Coffee

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

You will always be as young, or old, as you allow yourself to feel, as old as you let others convince you you are, and so, ultimately, as old as you convince yourself you are.

BA- Not old, but always aging.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Funny, some people get older and get stuck. Stuck in the past. The good old days were the days of their 'youth'. "Texting!!??? HHHRRMMPH!! In my day we..." People can be geezers at 30... or still young at 100. Youth has not to do with the number of days lived. It is the wonder and awe at the new. It is the love of life.

Lord my only prayer is to never grow 'old'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit