Will this Christmas be your first one?

by lfcviking 10 Replies latest jw friends

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

Ok so its only October so maybe this is a bit early. But for me this is my 2nd year out of the Org and i am looking forward to celebrating it again this year just like last year.

Isn't it geat that we can join in with this celebration with the rest of the participating world!

And no guilt feelings of being involved in a pagan celebration, over-indulging a bit, getting drunk a bit and enjoying yourself.

Will this year's Christmas be a first one for some people here since they have left the Org?

LFCv

• Younglove1999
    Younglove1999

It'll be the first one for my husband and myself and the first for my 7 month old baby, so we're really excited.

We're going to try to keep it low-key since we're not ready to deal with the drama of my JW mom (who babysits for us) coming over and finding our X-Mas tree set up. At some point, we'll have to bite the bullet, but not this year.

• R.F.
    R.F.

Even though I won't be doing much celebrating, it will be the first one where Christmas isn't something that is "demonized" to me based on faulty teachings and reasonings.

R.F.

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

Yeah, it'll be my first. Still haven't decided what to do. After my own INDEPENDENT research, I still don't agree with the "roots of Christmas". However, no one seems to give a rip about that, and no one seems to pay much attention to the religious aspects of it. Seems to me, they just use it as a day to give gifts, and get together with family. My other problem is the getting gifts, I'm broke as shit, and have a decent sized family, so I'm not sure how that works. I'll definitely go to dinner, just like I'm going to Thanksgiving dinner with my mom's family, like I always have, even as a Dub.

Its all very confusing to me, and I'm not totally sure I'm comfortable with it. I may however go buy some lights, just because I always thought they looked really pretty.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Yep, first for me. I don't believe in the bible anymore, so origins aren't important. I'll be living with people and will likely be involved. Weird. :)

By way of practise: "Happy Christmas."

How life will change...

• zamora251978
    zamora251978

this is my second. we are putting up a tree and everything.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

It will be our first. My husband and I were raised Witnesses, so we never had one. Our kids are 12, 9 and 2 and it's their first too. We also went to our first Halloween party Saturday and are trick or treating tomorrow.

I really want a big Christmas: decorations, lights, stockings, tree, the whole bit.

I can't wait!!!

• S EIGHT
    S EIGHT

Had a few xmas's while disfellowshitted but now looking forward to my first one while still one the books so to speak.

Snow is falling...

All around me...

Children playing...

Having fun...

S8

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I started accumulating Christmas decorations last fall, but this will be the first with a proper Christmas tree. It will also be the first with Christmas music and as many Christmas videos as I can get my hands on. Unfortunately, due to my inability to attract the opposite sex compounded by my past involvement with the Watchtower Society (which aggravated it and tried to exploit it), I do not anticipate any significant family issues or presents. But at least I will have the Christmas tree lit up.

And I found the way the professionals set up those things and copied them. There isn't a single wire impeding putting ornaments on the tree, and the lights go all the way to the center of the tree (the ornaments, too--that's a great way to use those crap ornaments that have seen better days). As I assembled the tree, I ran the lights from the inner part of the branch to the outside and back to the inner green. It used a lot of lights (720 LEDs), and there are lights coming from the center of the tree. It actually looks like one of those trees that you would find in the malls.

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

Our family's fourth: it is wonderful.

Merry Christmas!!

V

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit