Freemasonry?

by inkling 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ninja
    ninja

hey uzzah....dark and sinister....what about your entered apprentice oath??

"To all of which I do solemnly and sincerely promise and swear, without any hesitation, mental reservation, or secret evasion of mind in me whatsoever; binding myself under no less a penalty than that of having my throat cut across, my tongue torn out, and with my body buried in the sands of the sea at low-water mark, where the tide ebbs and flows twice in twenty-four hours, should I ever knowingly or willfully violate this, my solemn Obligation of an Entered Apprentice. So help me God and make me steadfast to keep and perform the same."

nope nothing sinister about that oath if you spill the secrets

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Sorry to misinform as I had been misinformed. I just found this...Thanks, Uzzah

Charles Taze Russell? Claims have been made that "Pastor" Russell (1852/02/16-1916/10/31), founder of the International Bible Students Association — forerunner of the Jehovah’s Witnesses — was a freemason; that the banner on the front of early issues of the Watchtower contained masonic symbols; and that Russell’s gravestone bears a masonic cross and crown symbol.

Russell was not a freemason. Neither the symbols found in the Watchtower nor the cross and crown symbol are exclusively masonic. And the cross and crown symbol does not appear on his gravestone in the Rosemont United Cemetery, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania — it appears on a memorial erected some years later.

In an address delivered in a San Francisco masonic hall in 1913, Russell made positive use of masonic imagery by saying, "Now, I am a free and accepted mason. I trust we all are. But not just after the style of our masonic brethren." He further develops this idea: "true Bible believers may or may not belong to the masonic fraternity, but they are all masons of the highest order, since they are being fashioned, chiselled and polished by the Almighty to be used as living stones in the Temple Built Without Hands. They are free from sin, and therefore accepted by the God of Heaven as fit stones for the heavenly Temple." Later in this address, Russell stated quite clearly that "I have never been a mason." Those who claim Russell was a freemason quote this address out of context without noting the rhetorical imagery.

Although Russell wrote about the pyramids and the Knights Templar, the pyramids are not a part of Freemasonry and Russell’s understanding of the relationship between the modern Knights Templar and Freemasonry displays an outsider’s ignorance of both organizations.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Ninja:

Ever swore on your mother's grave or stated, 'cross my heart and hope to die'? Much the same thing.

Sweetface - MUAHHHH Who loves ya baby?

Uzzah

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

They have a secret handshake.

• ninja
    ninja

there IS a relation between freemasonry and pyramids....look at the dollar bill.....why does the pyramid have 13 steps?....its all freemasonic and from the mysteries....http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20Government/Federal%20Reserve%20Scam/satan_on_our_dollar.htm

• ninja
    ninja

hey Uzzah....do you mean you dont take the oaths seriously?

• ninja
    ninja

tell us about hiram abiff then

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

The punishments mentioned in the oaths are figurative and not literal just like the two examples I gave.

I take the oaths seriously and thus am careful not to forsake the trust given to me but I am also not secretive and answer most questions about Masonry to any who ask. And my throat, chest are all still intact and I have absolutely no fear of anyone slitting my throat, scatterring my innerds, etc.

• ninja
    ninja

yep...the oaths arent serious....ask calvi ....http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/1936830.stm

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Ninja wrote:

yep...the oaths arent serious....ask calvi ....http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/1936830.stm

A crooked banker with links to the Silician mafia?!?!? Authorities are saying it was the mafia but yeah I am sure you are right it had to be the Masons that did it.

You obviously have already formulated an opinion (albeit uneducated) and I am not here to change anyone's mind. I've had frank discussions with many about Masonry including at some Fests. Pretty much all the "secrets" are on the Internet anyway including the handshakes and there is a plethora of books written by former Masons.

Surprisingly all those web masters and authors are still alive. Go figure.

Back to work I go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit