Anyone else get baptised at BOWES ROAD North London?

by nicolaou 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

I got baptised there as well. When I was a kid my friends and I used to hide in that little room at the top of the fire exit stair well and then get chased by the attendants.

Remembering these things really makes you feel crap doesn’t it? All that wasted time.

• siy
    siy

yep. got the plunged there, then over the road for a fry up

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

Yes I'm your Bowes Road baptism buddy too!

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

re the newsagents near Bowes Road that sells dub accessories. The assembly hall overseer's wife used to study with the newsagent's wife - the poor thing got baptised too - hubby never became a witness.

I remember how we'd all form long queues to buy our sweets and drinks and stuff - they even sold coffees in that tiny shop.

well one sat morning the queue was half a mile long and the assembly was about to start. Along comes the Assembly overseer's wife and stands in front of the newsagents wife with her arms folded looking very very unhappy with her bible study putting money ahead of Jehovah. The poor thing quickly called a halt and sheepishly made her way over to the assembly hall.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Found my old baptism photo . . . .

my baptism

• Devilsnok
    Devilsnok

Another Bowes Road baptism buddy here.

• bluebell
    bluebell

wow the inside looks just like dudley where i got dunked. that was an old cinema too

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Dudley that was a dump when I went there in the mid nineties. We moved to the area and were shocked , having been used to the then new Surrey Hall. I wrote a letter of complaint to the London Bethel, calling on all my Elder cliches. I never went to Bowes Road. Last I heard it was scheduled to be demolished but I guess the scheme got quashed

I was baptised a long time ago , I won't say where, it might give me away..

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

remember that shite background music they used to play during the dunkings?

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Freaky the inside of that inside hall looks exactly the same as the one at Dudley before it got refurbished. Even those doing the baptising wore the same white t shirts!

Paul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit