January 15, 2008 Watchtower & The One Mistake We All Made:

by t33ap80c 82 Replies latest jw friends

• t33ap80c
    t33ap80c

The One Mistake We All Made And the January 15, 2008 Watchtower

Page 24 the Governing Body makes the following statement:

"When Christ inspected’ the faithful and discreet slave’ in 1918, he found those anointed ones on earth

(Joseph Rutherford and his associates) to be faithful in providing spiritual ‘food at the proper time.’ Hence, Jesus was pleased thereafter to appoint them ‘over all his belongings.’ (Read Matthew 24:45-47)"

Question: If Jesus did inspect the Society in 1918 would he have found that the Society had been faithful in providing the right spiritual food at the right time’? The only way to know if the Society could have passed a food-at-the-proper-time examination by Jesus Christ in 1918 is to make the same examination they say Jesus made.

The one mistake that all former Witnesses and all present Witnesses have made, and the one mistake all future Witnesses will make is the failure to make that examination before deciding to get baptized. As essential as passing that exam is to the Society’s claim to being Jesus’ "faithful and discreet slave organization," nobody checks for themselves to see if the Society could have passed it.

Even Raymond Franz made this mistake for some 60 years before he finally corrected it in "the late 1970s’" when he began to examine for himself what they Society had been teaching down till 1919 .- Crisis of Conscience, p.138, paragraph 7

After completing his examination he concluded the following: "It would be an insult to Christ Jesus to say that he selected this organization on the basis of what it was teaching as of 1919." - - In Search of Christian Freedom, p. 145

It is much easier to correct this mistake today then it was in the 1970’s. Much of the Society’s pre-1919 teachings are now plastered all over the Internet for the whole world to see. But the source of information I like the best is their most up-to-date history book, "JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES: Proclaimers of God’s Kingdom." Although it contains thousands of details that don’t matter, it contains several that do. It’s just a matter of knowing what to look for and where to find them.

For example, the first surprising thing the book taught me is that the Society’s first three presidents never realized that Jesus’ returned in 1914 to begin his "invisible presence" (assuming that he did return in that year). How faithful could those men have been when God never allowed them to understand when His Son returned? And how discreet could they have been since they all announced the wrong date of 1874 for almost seven decades (67 years)?

The more the "Proclaimers" book taught me the more I could understand why Ray Franz said what he said. I too cannot understand how anyone could know what the Society had been teaching down till 1919 and still conclude that ‘Jesus would have been pleased thereafter to appoint them ‘over all his belongings as the January 15, 2008 Watchtower asserts.

The point being that without the above appointment the Society cannot be God's organization today no matter what they are teaching today.

Don Cameron

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Amen!

Outaservice

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

so true

• golf2
    golf2

Rutherford wasn't to 'discreet' with his drinking binges.

Golf

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I used to wonder when I met the occasional "apostate" why they always said "You all believed this in 1919..." I would say to myself.. "Yeah, but its 19freaking90..."

Oh yeah, the "Slave" was appointed in 1919... Teaching nothing they teach today. So how could it be truth?

Easy to see now. This demonstrates something the GB is doing with their new study book. Make a simple statement like "Jesus appointed the faithful slave for teaching truth in 1919.." and make it sound like it is as factual as "The Decleration of Independence was signed on July 4th 1776." Thats it. No further explanation needed. They cleverness is in the lack of facts provided...

In any case, logical follow up is never allowed. God knows if the WT WAS teaching the truth, you can bet they'd be rubbing all of our noses in it. Those morons tend not to be subtle on the couple of accidental times they are correct on something....

• yknot
    yknot

Don,

Recently I have been reading our oldtime publication, I covered that era as extensively as I could.

Would the statement made in para 1 actually be saying that the FDS is in fact the Bible Students which still hold on to Russell's teachings? Obviously what we preached then is a far cry from what we preach now. Cross, blood transfusions, Christmas, Birthdays..........

Y

• oompa
    oompa
    Alltimejeff: Oh yeah, the "Slave" was appointed in 1919... Teaching nothing they teach today. So how could it be truth?

You probably realize this, but the Slave was supposedly appointed first in 33ce in the upper room at pentecost. What I never thought of until now is what the crap were they apointed over then...."part of my belongings?" Upon inspection in 1919 they were then "apointed over all his belongings." The GC wasnt around yet so what the heck difference was there...why was there a need to even do this supposed inspection if the SLAVE had been active since 33ce?????????????

And T33 you are right about the proclaimer book...It really was a great tool to help kill my faith in WT! I am suprised they admited so much crap being taught and so many flip flops. Wouldn't you like to know the actual percentage of dubs that have EVER read these books? And until recently, unless you had ancient copies of wt stuff, you could not even find out what the hey they were teaching and lots of dubs worldwide do not have ability to use the web. Plus...we have been told not to. By only using WT literature, we still are only getting from the proclaimers book the tip of the iceberg on early teachings....just the ones they want to share...............great post.............oompa

• startingover
  • bobld
    bobld

oompa you are good.Why inspect the SLAVE only in 1919 and make the appointments only than.

Bob

• zev
    zev

nice post.

Don Cameron

Don Cameron

how do i know that name........????

i wonder.......have we crossed paths before?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit