On ...

by compound complex 30 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

Coco said:

I have a wonderful salmon from Alaska in the oven.

I pay my bills early.

My students like me.

Thats enjoying great stuff.......

r.

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

On Being Discarded by the Love of Your Life Hasn't happened, yet...I keep thinking up new way to keep him coming home to me.

On Getting on With Your Life I am trying to fill my time with activites I find enjoyable and fulfilling

On Going Downhill (physically, emotionally, or while taking a walk) I can't party like I used too.. Late night just kill me the next day.

On Dieting Still working on the baby weight

On Being a Princess Never was one

On Celibacy In the the name of all that is holy, NEVER

On Not Sweating the Small Stuff I sweat the small stuff to distract me from the big stuff

On True Friends Whom You May Never Meet in Person Hope email never goes out of style

On ... (other topic) when will my kids stop peeing on the seat

On Quality of JWD Posts I like fluff too

On Quantity of JWD Posts no comment

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

On Being Discarded by the Love of Your Life:

It couldn't have been "the love of your life if you were "discarded"- hang in there, I'm a romantic at heart (though I hate to admit it) and I think possibly the best is yet to come.

On Getting on With Your Life:

It's something you do because it has to be done.

On Going Downhill (physically, emotionally, or while taking a walk)

You continue on because in the end the reward is far more worth the effort you put into it.

On Dieting

Even if you must, it's important to remember to reward yourself.

On Being a Princess

No one will want to put up with your "princess ways"; unless of course you are Changeling and a genuine princess but then that's a whole different story.

On Celibacy

Sometimes it beats the other option...
    On Not Sweating the Small Stuff

It's just not worth the time that you invest in it.

On True Friends Whom You May Never Meet in Person

Sometimes you think of them more fondly than those you have met in person.
    On ... (other topic)

Use discernment.
    On Quality of JWD Posts

Be sure you say what you truly mean.

On Quantity of JWD Posts

Quantity is better than quality if you don't feel you are at a point where you want to open yourself up to others scrutiny yet.

• changeling
    changeling

On sweating the small stuff:

My mom is almost 84. She has always done odd OCD type things. Here's the latest one that drives me up a wall:

I recycle grocery bags. I let them pile up and then go to the grocery store and stuff them in the designated bin. I take one bag and ball the rest of them up into it until no more fit and then start a new one. They sit at the bottom of my pantry.

I often find Mom in the pantry up to her neck in grocery bags. She takes them all out, flattens them and places them carefully into a bag. The bag look like a magicians pocket overflowing with scarves.

Why does she do this? She says it's a "neat mess". She huffs and puffs and curses me out under her breath as she does this self assigned inane assignment.

I tell her, Mom, "don't sweat the small stuff", and she looks at me as if I have totally lost my mind.

Just felt like sharing...

changeling

• compound complex
    compound complex

On ... recycling.

I LOVE paper grocery bags!

Thanks, friends, for all your swell comments!

CoCo, On again, Off again ...

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    On Not Sweating the Small Stuff

Bobbi beat me to it: Sweating the small stuff serves the purpose of destracting from the big stuff. A lot of the big stuff we can't do anything about - but straightening out those garbage bags, we can do! Some people live their entire lives this way. Who's to say?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

On Being Discarded by the Love of Your Life - after a while you'll find another newer love of your life, it's a temporary feeling.

On Getting on With Your Life - one foot in front of the other. Or as my mother used to say, some days results, other days consequences. I have started over from the bottom several times, doing it again, one foot in front of the other.

On Going Downhill (physically, emotionally, or while taking a walk) - physically getting better and better Real Age says my "real age" is ten years younger than my actual age.

On Dieting - I can tell you all about it, have done practically every diet known to man. Now on a diet for over a year, first time so successful, different system entirely.

On Being a Princess - I'm usually the wicked witch

On Celibacy - no comment

On Not Sweating the Small Stuff - good idea

On True Friends Whom You May Never Meet in Person - that's an odd experience - never felt that before finding JWD. Have met a lot of nice online friends here.

On fruitcake - how come when I mention fruitcake no one ever responds? You can't ALL hate fruitcake?

On Quality of JWD Posts - my posts are usually pointless and not quite on the topic-

On Quantity of JWD Posts - well, over 2000 in less than a year. Maybe I should get a life?

• changeling
    changeling

I love fruitcake!

• merfi
    merfi

On Being Discarded by the Love of Your Life -- I found another Love of my life

On Getting on With Your Life -- sometimes easier said than done; talking JW here. At times I want to do horrible things to the JW that crapped on me like pull pranks, write letters... but then realize that they're just delusioned people living a fairy tale they're happy in and really, not worth my time or energy to burst their little freaky bubble. My life is so immensely happy right now that the past 1.5 years I've been out have made up for the 15 crummy years in.

On Going Downhill (physically, emotionally, or while taking a walk) -- Physically -- I'm 39 and doing pretty well for the most part. My appendix decided to do the 'childhood' thing and rupture last month, so it's been a bit more of a recovery than if I WAS a 10 year old... Emotionally -- I'm on top of the hill. Taking a walk -- I find good shoes offer necessary tread.

On Dieting -- meh. I don't.

On Being a Princess -- After being treated like a frog by the ex, I know now what it's like being a princess to the right man....

On Celibacy -- I was celibate for 7 months once.

On Not Sweating the Small Stuff -- as single mom to three kids, working FT blah blah (you know the story) -- this is my mantra!

On True Friends Whom You May Never Meet in Person -- I love my "imaginary friends" on the db I visit, turn to them for advice, can share my good and bad with them, have 'coffee' with them w/out having to get dressed or shower (bonus) and 'see' them all hours of the day.

~merfi
    (can't resist posts like this)

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    On Quality of JWD Posts - my posts are usually pointless and not quite on the topic-

same here ;-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit