Dollar at a record low

by MadTiger 17 Replies latest social current

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

Nice hit on the gold appreciation.

This global economy is something else, isn't it?

Look for more on this in the next few weeks.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

I was going to buy a WHACK of gold around that time too but my 'broke-grrr' talked me out of it.

I did buy a 32 ounce bar though!

• BrentR
    BrentR

I also bought several thousand oz of silver and it has not done too bad either. It has more upside potential then gold since it gets consumed and there are fewer mines operating.

Most of the silver I got was around .$2.75/toz and it just passed $14 yesterday. I still consider it as much an insurance policy as an investment. The USD has been in trouble for a long time but it has been artificialy proped up and kept on life support. Now it looks like they are pulling the plug.

If you read about the Argentinian currency collapse you will see that precious metal holders survived and did OK.

I did buy a 32 ounce bar though!

That was a smart move! Brokers can not make any commisions off of buying/selling bullion so of course they lie about it. The metals force everyone to confront the honest naked truth about any given economy and it's very awkward for many to do so.

Historicaly every fiat currency has crashed.

• BFD
    BFD

I have so much gold jewelry that I never wear. I mean a lot! Chains, bracelets, pendants, crosses, rings. I wonder how much it's all worth.

Now I'm thinking would be a good time to sell it all except for the one chain and pendant I wear everyday still.

BFD

• BrentR
    BrentR

If you hold a while gold will be worth even more. In the mean time you can call around and find who will give you the best price. You will never get the spot price and you have to fiqure since it was jewelry you allready paid far over the spot price at the time.

• Mary
    Mary
    Wow! At this rate the Oz dollar might actually be worth something!

Yep....the Canadian dollar closed at $1.05 this morning-----highest it's been since 1960!

• BrentR
    BrentR

Pretty soon I will not be able to afford Molson and LaBatt's beer.

• Trygon
    Trygon

Talking of currancys us Brits are quite happy as the pound is worth a small fortune these days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit