What do men of power want?

by Lady Lee 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Magick

money --------> power --------> women --------> poonani

In the WTS the guys at the top don't really have the money. I doubt they have a salary although they may have unlimited expense accounts.

I do think that your order really applied during Rutherford's time but that was just for him. But when Fred Franz came on board sex was a bad thing. I think the Franz mentality about sex continues today. it is the reason why the GB are peeking into the bedrooms of JWs so often.

Just look at all the rules they have about the internet. They are desperatly trying to control what JWs read. And they are losing.

I suspect the new order to be

information------->obedience------->fear------>power

Gayle

They want unquestioning obedience. They've learned once they can fool perhaps only a minority of people, they can still keep doing and doing it and doing it, all the time

Sadly they are continuing to use the old methods of control of information. People used to have to rely on bookstores and libraries to get non-approved information. Fear of being caught with then stopped many people from laying their hands on anything. Now they can sit in the quiet of their own homes and really get more information than they ever dreamed of about the WTS.

The minority may obey and stay off the internet. People are setting themselves free

oompa

Lady Lee, how many of the GB have you personally met or known? My observation is I have never sensed that power is what these guys are about. They really seem humble and live simply...

Would it surprise you that I had one in my home? Splane was the DO while I was a JW. As an elder's wife we had him over for dinner. Given the esteem most people have for COs and DOs and especially for JWs who were anointed I thought he was a nice fellow.

What kind of power do they really have? They probably have not even been on a JC in 40 years!

Well I've been out for 22 years. When I was DFed I was told I could appeal the decision and they would call in the CO (elder's wife and ll you know) I forget when Splane was around but he could very easily beed on my JC and that wasn't 40 years ago.

Plus one little screw up and these guys are homeless (we feed on our own). These guys do not snap their fingers and have ridiculous whims satisfied....

No they probably don't. But they don't have to do they? They don't have to struggle with jobs and families and elders pushing them to get their time in either. They don't have to wonder where the next paycheck is coming from and scrimping so they can get out in service and study and live in the world. In fact they live in far more comfort than most JWs I ever knew.

Could it just be that they are really sincere very mistaken individuals??....ooompa

Yup and that is what R Franz says. And I do agree to a point. But the last couple of scandals (blood and sexual abuse) have changed that quite a bit. SOMEONE is making decisions that are killing people and hurting children while those in charge bury their head in the sand.

journey-on

I think it's the machine behind this organization

I have to agree. Given that many on the GB are really too ill to be making these decisions I think some of the younger fellows, Jarcasz for one, are pulling a lot of the strings behind the scenes along with the lawyers. I really think the lawyers are getting a LOT out of this

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

• The Matrix
    • The Matrix Reloaded
    • The Matrix Revolutions

Before I came back in I was thinking about who else needs power and seeks it out. Interesting list

• Sexual Assault/Rape/Pedophilia These people who force sex on others are using the sex to gain power. Sexual crimes are not about the sex. They are about the control and power. Sexual abusers use fear intimidation and force to control their victims
    • Spousal Abuse Partners use fear, intimidation, and force to have power over their spouse
    • Dictators use fear, intimidation and force to control their countrymen.

Dr Judith Herman (Trauman and Recovery) discusses these abuses and the common themes in each of these areas.

When people set themselves up as someone who claims to speak for and as the sole speaker for God they take the power of others away. That is a choice.

It is also a choice of theirs to enforce the rules when they see the power slipping away.

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

Lady Lee has found the perfect salve for the forum:

Make a few classic posts to get people back on track.

Great post.

• oompa
    oompa

chosing life: After all, are they not supposed to rule over the earth? Only for a thousand years...then they are unemployed.

They may take a vow of poverty, but the things that money can buy are all supplied for them in abundance. Great...cafeteria food for life and shelter...buy your own clothes. They receive nice apartments with beautiful views that most of us could not afford. Not all rooms have views of course and have you seen the rooms???? Some do not have their own bathroom and are the size of walk in closets. I know GB's may be nicer but they aren't even an Embassy Suite! They receive trips around the world that once again most of us will never have the pleasure of. Oh what fun!...I'm off to Brazil to eat commoners food in a house with no air conditioning and give a talk in a place with no air conditioning....what a vacation. Their every need is supplied and richly. WTF??????? This makes their vow of poverty a farce. There is little, if any difference between them and the clergy class they say they are nothing like. You gotta be kidding?...you are right? just yanking the ol oompa chain right?....lets keep it real and come off the weed man.......oompa....just the truth is screwy enough!

• Magick
    Magick

i stand by my comment.

however in the case of the men behind the (tower) curtain...just replace "money" with "position"

their "position" in the organization opens a lot of doors to poonani...and the best poonani

but, since their favorite scripture is rev. 14:4 re: 144,000 " These are the ones that did not defile themselves with women in fact, they are virgins" (hey i quoted a scripture! woohoo)

many use that to justify their homosexual exploits (insert Leo K. Greenlees here)

the watchtower uses this scripture about defiling with women as they please. sometimes it's about not joining another church sometimes it's about staying single so you can sell more watchtowers and get more converts.

a pioneer (ministerial servant, elder, co, do, governing body) brother has a better chance with the chicks then a regular publisher.

so i'll change "money" since jws are generally for the most part without it

position --------> power --------> women --------> poonani

• Forscher
    Forscher

In his book, 1984, George Orwell defined power as the ability to make another human being suffer.

Basically, what he was getting at was the ability to do to others whatever one damn well wants without the other fellow having any recourse. The thought of having other human beings helpless within one's grasp is every bit as addictive as any drug. And the only way one can really enjoy it is to make others miserable. Hence the oppressive culture of the "party" in 1984's Oceana.

When I think back on the rigid legalism of the Watchtower, I recall the misery it caused. I also remember how Witnesses practiced doublethink, or the ability to hold two contradictory thought simultaneously in one's mind to convince themselves that they weren't really so miserable after all. I knew elders who got off on that power and exercised it with a vengeance at times. Unfortunately, power is an addiction which can never really be filled. In time it requires more and more of it to reach the same high.

Forscher

• Scully
    Scully

More power!! It's what guys want....

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I forgotten who said it but power is very addictive indeed - I hate Robert Mugabe and his ilk with a passion but I understand why he carries on

• Salivating Dog
    Salivating Dog

If I supply the intelligence you depend on the judge right from wrong, or make critical decisions...and you do not verify it yourself to be the truth first, and just act on it. I will be controlling you and your decisions.

Do you think I would present any intelligence that cast any doubts into my intelligence, proposals, and rules?

Or would I only present the intelligence that supports what I want you to do?

I will tell you up front right now, you need to verify mine, and treat it like you are hearing it from the Devil himself.

Do your OWN research...don't become my dependant puppet.

I can be wrong...by accident, or even on purpose to test you and see if you can catch me slipping.

(If i do slip one on you...i will tell you later, and point it out for you and the rest of class to learn from.)

The way I have it figured....if you can catch me trying to slip one in your ass...you can catch anyone else trying to as well.

You are then able to protect yourself, and that makes me happy.

I am not a babysitter.

I already have two wild little boys to contend with.

• Satans little helper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit