What do men of power want?

by Lady Lee 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

When I first starting learning the real truth about the WTS I could not figure out why.

Why did they make rules where some people died and others could makes bribes? (The Best of Mexico/Malawi)

Why did Rutherford try to become bedfellows with Hitler of all people? (The Best of... WTS, Hitler and the Holocaust)

Why did they continue to make dates for the end which never occurred and then pretend they never said that? (WTS and Chronology)

Why were they so against higher education? (The Best of... Education)

Why were they so busy gathering money when the end was so near? (The Best of... WTS Finances)

I could go on and on. I went from believing everything they said (even for the first 10 years after I left) to questionning everything they said. The main question remained . . . WHY?

I'm sitting here watching The Matrix Reloaded.

The question:

What do all men of power want?

The reply:

More power

How true. They have power over a world-wide organization. Their lies, half-thuths and mind games are designed for one purpose:

To maintain control and power.

Christ said:

• His load was light.
    • The truth will make you free
    • To love your neighbor as yourself (which implies you do love yourself first)
    • To love your enemy
    • The only thing required was to accept that Christ was a personal savior.

Not one of those means or implies that a person should place an organization between themselves and God. Not one of them requires handing your life over to an organization

What do men of power want?

More power!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Interesting, Lady Lee... yep when I read your headline, that was my immediate response... looks like you and I were both revisiting the Matrix Reloaded yesterday!

More power, indeed. I too, found that pretty profound and irrefutable.

*wink*
    Baba.

• Magick
    Magick

it's really all about the poonani. (or in the old guys from bethel's case...the giggle-stick)

if you can get a lot of money

money leads to power

women want powerful men

powerful men get the best women

and the best sex

let's break it down

money --------> power --------> women --------> poonani

• BIG D
    BIG D

magik........i agree wholeheartly, might i add, absolute power corrupts absolutely

big d

• Gayle
    Gayle

They want unquestioning obedience. They've learned once they can fool perhaps only a minority of people, they can still keep doing and doing it and doing it, all the time.

• stay young and beautiful
    stay young and beautiful

Power is the correct answer! When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

• oompa
    oompa

Lady Lee, how many of the GB have you personally met or known? My observation is I have never sensed that power is what these guys are about. They really seem humble and live simply...What kind of power do they really have? They probably have not even been on a JC in 40 years! Plus one little screw up and these guys are homeless (we feed on our own). These guys do not snap their fingers and have ridiculous whims satisfied.... Could it just be that they are really sincere very mistaken individuals??....ooompa

and Magick they dont get sex from power.....they are all virgins!

• journey-on
    journey-on

But I'm not sure it's the GB that want power and more power.

I think it's the machine behind this organization (whoever THAT is) and the GB are mere figureheads.

To find out who these powerful men are is virtually impossible because the WTB&TS has split up into

so many corporations worldwide and their tax exempt status enables them to hide so much of their

money trail and assets that unravelling the web or lies and deceit would take a lifetime.

• choosing life
    choosing life

I agree they want more power, but it is the things that power brings to them that they seek. They seek the almost worshipful attitude of the ones under them. They seek the feeling that they are next to God and Christ in power and importance. After all, are they not supposed to rule over the earth?

They may take a vow of poverty, but the things that money can buy are all supplied for them in abundance. They receive nice apartments with beautiful views that most of us could not afford. They receive trips around the world that once again most of us will never have the pleasure of. Their every need is supplied and richly. This makes their vow of poverty a farce. There is little, if any difference between them and the clergy class they say they are nothing like.

By the way, I was going to rewatch The Matrix movies. I watched the first. Isn't there 2 more? The Matrix Reloaded, as you mention and what is the third one called?

• stay young and beautiful
    stay young and beautiful

The last two matrix movies are rubbish.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit