help !

by unfree 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Unfree,

WELCOME to the forum! Thank you for sharing some of your story with us. Sounds like it has been really hard for you! Well let me tell you, you have come to the right place to find friends!! You are positively not alone!! We look for ward to hearing more from you!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

welcome unfree...

hang around, the best way to make new friends here is to post more of your background...

Snakes ()

• CHILD
    CHILD

My daughter kept telling me she wasn't ready to be baptized. Now, I'm glad she didn't get baptized. Joining any organization should not be done out of fear or to pleae people. Stay true to yourself.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

just keep saying you aren't ready to be baptized. Keep going to school, that is primary. You can make friends at school. You are kind to worry about hurting your parents, but what everyone has said is true. You have to live your own life and if you don't believe the religion you will become seriously screwed up if you stay in it. Don't rock the boat right now, but keep going to school!!!

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    (and a couple of weirdos ).

Well then, I guess the cat is out of the bag now. Welcome to JWD!

I didn't mention any names though

• sacrebleu
    sacrebleu

I took communication classes, with argumentation and debate. They were real eye openers. Also my General Psychology class taught me how the JWs and other orgs get and keep people all excited and working hard. It REALLY helped to free me when I learned about corporate behavior modification and something called "group think."

I'm a newbie here myself, but welcome. Whatever you do don't get baptized. You will regret it greatly. The control will tighten the noose.

sacrebleu

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome to the board I am one of those mentioned.>(and a couple of weirdos ).
    But I think you have been given good advice do all you can NOT to get baptized as they take away your rights to THINK once you do that. Good to see you here...

• free2think
    free2think

Hey unfree, welcome to jwd.

• yknot
    yknot

Unfree, Welcome to JWD, AlphaOmega has the best response for putting of baptism. Another is to remind your parents that Jesus was 29 when he was baptized. When you get to college, join some clubs that you have interest in. All freshman have to "start over" usually in the friend department. Have fun exploring who you are. As you continue in school and then after, just keep fading or check in here for the latest WTBS updates so you can keep current JWspeak with your JW friend, and family. Most of the time they just want confirmation that you still know Jehovah and what is going on in the Organization. Take Care Yknot

• changeling
    changeling

Welcome! My son is a freshman in college as well.

My 2 cents: Don't get baptized. You can be true to yourself and respectful towards your parents at the same time. Love them and share what you can with them, just don't comrpmise your true self.

PM me anytime,

changeling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit