help !

by unfree 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• unfree
    unfree

hi i'm18 and am a pb going to college. i have not been inmeaninful contact with anyone my age for the last 2 years. no prom for me. me and my buddy who was in my con a whle ago rarely hang out now. i have a jw friend who i care alot about bc of recent tragic events. We have not hung out more thn 3 times in the last 2 years. i have only 2 friends who know me well and are involved w/ jws. Ive kinda lost friends I had as a jw and have no real friends in the "world".

• fokyc
    fokyc

Hello Unfree,

Welcome to the JWD

Plenty of friends here, just keep posting and reading.

fokyc

• happehanna
    happehanna

Well you have come to the right place here for help

Try to relax and smile it helps in the making friends department

welcome to JWD!

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Yep, Hello.

This is a good place to make friends... loads of great people here... (and a couple of weirdos ).

Welcome aboard.

AO

• unfree
    unfree

i dont want to destroy my good jw buddys relationship with me or affect him emotionally. weve been throgh alot together. also my parents want me to get baptized l dont want to make them depressed like jw parents are when their kids reject "the truth' whats the best way to do my own thing and start living an actual life?. there are jw' s. i care about and i dont want anything really bad to happen.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Maybe you could say that you "don't feel worthy" for Baptism as a JW yet... and that you need more study.

It could buy you some time, and maybe help people to understand what your concerns are, and at the same time sew a few seeds of doubt at the studies ?

Are you in the UK ?

• Gayle
    Gayle

Good for you going to college,,that's a great start!

• flipper
    flipper

Hey UNFREE- Welcome to JWD ! Mr. & Mrs. Flipper welcome you ! Many here have gone through what you have so we look forward to your posts and please know you are among friends here ! Peace to you, Mr. Flipper

• tula
    tula

Hi. Welcome to the board.

Have you signed up for your first philosophy class yet?

It will probably be an eye opener for you, but don't tell your parents you are taking the course, or at least don't discuss it with them.

If they are paying your tuition, they will pull you out of school.

It is good for you to get out and make some worldly friends. All you know about non-JWs is heresay. Discover for yourself there are some really nice, loving, moral, kind people out there. And they will be good support for you when you want to ask questions and voice doubts or debate the wbts stance on things. After all, you are in college to broaden your horizon.

What is your main area of concentration right now? Have you decided on pursuing a specific degree...or just testing the waters?

• BrentR
    BrentR
    (and a couple of weirdos ).

Well then, I guess the cat is out of the bag now. Welcome to JWD!

Your parents are the ones that are in control of thier emotions. It is not your resposibilty if they choose to be "hurt" that you happen to not share thier beliefs. In the real world sometimes you have to be selfish and put yourself first. You can't help anyone else if you do not have your own house in order. It would be very toxic and disfunctional for you stay in a religion that you do not agree with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit