This girl "wants" to die.

by Hiddenwindow 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

The WTBTS will fight for this girl to be permitted to die!

Blood on its altar! Makes the WTBTS look good doesn't it, with all that blood running all over it!

However, there are people working frantically to make the medical and legal establishment aware of the quandry this CHILD is in and the foolish behaviour of her parents is due to mind manipulation of the WTBTS!

Sad that this child may never find out that she was just the victim of a religious scam to make lots of money from vulnerable people like her parents!

What a sad world where the judiciary might even contemplate allowing a person to die because their mind has been manipulated by a book publishing company out to cover its own arse from legal justice, because of its publishing pseudo scientific baloney!

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

If it was in my power I would not let her die. This is a massive issue if I read this situation correctly because her parents will perpetuate this same mentality when she gets out. It will continue to affect her in odd ways. I would feel one may get into 'religious defragmentation' counselling and that may just mess her up more. It is a bad situation!

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

This is horrible. Likely she has been fed the same crap as all of us were, if you die upholding God's law, you will live forever in Paradise. If you live by breaking it you will be dead forever. I'm sure she's even being made a hero in her congregation. At 14 what better reasons to keep the fight up? It's sad that no one has told her God loves her too much to want her to go thru this, His will can't be that a child suffers because of brainwashing and fear.

• dawg
    dawg

Sad, and she thinks she's serving god

• marmot
    marmot

This brings up a very disturbing aspect of the witness "hope" namely is it better to die young but faithful or live a long productive life?

Many times when I still considered myself in "the truth" I found myself wishing to get cancer or some other incurable disease, or to get run over by a bus or something, because if you die faithful then you'll be resurrected into paradise. Living a long life seems like a pointless exercise in suffering when you think about it in that light.

Since the Bible also says there will be a resurrection of the righteous and the unrighteous, what's the point of waiting anyway? Why not all commit mass suicide and skip the queue?

Jehovah's witnesses aren't really living at all, they're just "holding out" until Armageddon. When the paradise comes THEN they'll start living.

I'm glad I don't believe in the Bible anymore, such a depressing book.

• yknot
    yknot

All I can say is WTBS=bloodguilty bastards.

• Enjoying freedom
    Enjoying freedom

If I were advising the medical team I would get them to assess her capacity around this issue.

I know that a patient with capacity can make their own decisions, even if they seem to be the "wrong" decision.

But a key thing to remember is that the decision the patient makes must be their own decision and they must not be put under any undue influence from an external source, ie from family, religions leaders etc. (there is case law about this).

Does the medical team fully understand the significant of the emotional blackmail that this girl is under - an insiduous form of blackmail that the victim themselves does not know they are subjec to? Ie if you accept a blood transfusion it is take to be an automatic dissaociation on your part, and therefore let the shunning commence, with all the nasty side effects that we know that has.

If this girl is a minor then she will of course be dependent on family for her home, food, welfare etc - in her mind how could she seriously contemplate going against her family's religion??? She is having a hard enough time dealing with her illness. It takes great strength of character to make your own decision and go against your family wishes in this instance - a young girl with a serious illness doesn't stand a chance.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Interesting. I'm wondering something... if instead of refusing a life saving blood transfusion she was refusing to eat, would the court find that it is her right to starve to death.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Someone explain this.

"refrain from eating blood"- means no blood transfusions, but eating say a hamburger is ok. The "juice" is blood. I don't get the logic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit