His House Burnt Down ...

by compound complex 13 Replies latest jw friends

• anewme
    anewme

Just yesterday I was in tears. Yesterday morning I felt so low and lost and forgotten by God himself.
    I wished with all my heart to be rescued from my sadness and melancholy.

My brother (nonJW) has decided to shun me and instead keep some inheritance money he was supposed to share with me.

The abandonment triggered the old disfellowshipping wounds I thought had healed.

Panic took over my mind as I realized one more person in the world has turned his back on me. Why?

Why is this happening to me?

Just when I am looking for a new rental and new job and trying to qualify for each with my miserable resume that is a huge BLANK where I spent 35 years in the Watchtower! No schooling, no job skills, no career, no involvement, NO HISTORY!!!! This has contributed to my low spirits lately.

Having no where to turn at the early morning hour, I logged onto JWD.
    I wrote my most pitiful post ever. But I deleted it in favor of reading other's posts.

My flow of tears stopped when I read a post offering comfort to another JWD sufferer where the comforter said that the flow and tide of ugliness and unhappiness that comes our way in life is often not our own fault, but coming from the other person's ugly inner spirit and heart.

I took comfort in the counsel to another. I took courage to keep trying to cope with life's struggles and regain some kind of happy life.

JWD has been a real help to me. The kindness and free flow of good advice I have benefited greatly from.

Thankyou to everyone who posts to comfort someone else.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Anewme,

Are you feeling better now? You do seem hopeful and not at all anxious at this point. I'm sorry yesterday had you swallowed up in despair. Regarding the benefit you derived from another's "healing" words, I only moments ago copied out by hand these words of Blueviceroy on B. Deserter's thread on his life's turning point:

" [...] We all suffer. In spite of the seemingly pointless nature
    of this, we are given the task of overcoming hopelessness
    and growing strong enough to walk on our own, to do right
    and to grow straight in spite of the millions of reasons we
    should despair and fail."

My memory jogged by what you described, I didn't write and delete a post but just turned off my PC last night, saying, in essence, "Enough!" But after an hour or so I was itching to get back on and once again "accentuate the positive." The result was this thread and getting to read your wonderful post as well as those above.

Thank you so much for sharing how you found comfort ...

Love,

CoCo

• Fleur
    Fleur

(((((((((((((((Coco)))))))))))))))))))

• compound complex
    compound complex

Blessings and peace to you, FLEUR ...

and all the other struggling but courageous members of JWD.

Love,

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit