His House Burnt Down ...

by compound complex 13 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dearest Friends:

An NPR spokeswoman stated several days ago that reporters endeavor to remain objective - detached, I inferred - when reporting the news. The tragic news of the day was the holocaust in southern California. The poor man - the reporter - was standing in front of his home, numbly describing to his listeners what had been the porch, what had been the ... The house was still burning; it sounded as though he were in a state of shock.

He did his job, just as the firemen surrounding him did their job in saving the homes of their fellow citizens, while their own were very likely in peril. I realized tonight - after having received several PMs today - that we members of JWD are embattled, each in his or her own way, yet helping "save" one another. I don't mean to sound melodramatic [while it was somewhat my "former" nature], but we are looking out for the interests of one another - 'keeping an eye not just on personal interest, but on the interests of one another.' When one is weak or sad or despairing, there are comforting words aplenty - "salve" applied to the wounds.

Maybe it was good that I was a little bit sad today, though over a mere trifle.

Can my appreciation for you wonderful people actually become greater than it already is?

Love,

CoCo

• *summer*
    *summer*

Yes, I saw that reporter in front of his burning home...

Reminded me to count my blessings...

• changeling
    changeling

I couldn't agree with you more CoCo, as my wounds were tended to on this board today as well.

changeling

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

well I've been here a while and seen many people come and go or stay. Often those who have suffered the most stay to help others. Those who are in pain identify others with similar pains.

Sweeter comfort was never had in the WTS

When I was at my lowest and planning my suicide I had one sister tell me she was sorry for me (about the childhood abuse) but couldn't relate.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Ladies:

*summer*
    changeling
    Lee

Your input here and on many other threads has helped innumerable individuals, though countless many may well have been lurkers - personally benefited but not yet ready to respond.

As YOU have stated, we should count our blessings, we do appreciate that our wounds have been tended, and we who have suffered sexual abuse and have attempted suicide more than once are truly cared for and assisted at JWD better than in the Watch Tower.

While in all fairness I need to say that a few compassionate elders spent much time helping me with issues of abuse, it was a disfellowshiped friend who intervened on my behalf moments before an attempt at suicide ... A strange irony.

Love to you dear ladies,

CoCo

• horrible life
    horrible life

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/18/145153/1.ashx

Compound Complex, also made a post, like yours, that touched me. Both of you touched me, at this moment, 30 minutes after having a phone call that upset me. I feel the same way. Big D, you put it beautifully. The title of your thread is comforting. It is the truth. Thank you.

I made this post, on Big D's thread. I wanted you to know, yours touched me also. You both made me realize something, that I will post on a topic, a little later. But, thank you both, for posting, what I already knew, but couldn't verbalize.

• flipper
    flipper

As you well stated CoCo, we all have our various challenges and crosses to bear up with, or under. But when it's all said and done, at the end of each day we all do the best we can as humans trying to show fellow feeling and caring for each other. True as you say, this is a support group and it's easy for anyone who is feeling down or depressed over daily struggles to feel a bit left out. The difference in our love here on the board as opposed to when we were witnesses, is this love is unconditional for our JWD friends. Nobody is expected to go out in service or attend meetings to feel " worthy " of this caring. We all do it, because it's the right, humane, kind thing to do . No reward expected ,just kindness returned

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Horrible Life and Mr. Flipper,

'Though in the evening weeping may take up lodging,
    in the morning there is a joyful cry.'
    - THE HOLY SCRIPTURES

Well - you can reverse the above order of events for me. While my day wasn't that all-fired terrible by any means, it's certainly ending better than it began!

You're correct about how any one of us can touch another at the opportune time [as in after an upsetting phone call] and that the love on JWD is not yanked out from under you if you "misbehave." No threats, no manipulation, no coercion ...

Love and gratitude,

CoCo

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

compound,i hear ya!..im grateful for all of you folks too.btw,i took a friend to a local cancer treatment center last week,and walked around while she was having her treatment.i have felt blessed since that day.sure,ill still piss and moan wheni have a bad hair day,but i saw some folks that day,that ill never forget.the wee punk chick w/the last bit of her hair done in a blue mohawk..now,THATS spirit..there are some amazingly wonderful things and people to be inspried by,if we just look for them...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Aquagirl,

'... amazingly wonderful things and people to be inspired by, if we just look for them.'

Beautifully expressed! Sounds as though you had a wonderful day despite seeing some evidence of the tragedy of cancer. That blue mohawk was truly a spirited way of fighting back!

Continue to spread your cheer, AG!

Love,

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit