STOP THE MADNESS....where is this board going?

by SnakesInTheTower 92 Replies latest jw friends

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

The board is real life and real life revolves around the triangle

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

This board is cyclical--did I spell that right?

I also tend to be here in cycles too. This past cycle has been rough, with all the scandals and hoaxes, and I've said to a few people in PMs that I've noticed the same cycle in life away from the board, in family events and local news. To me it "feels" like a mercury retrograde, but I don't think that is happening at the moment, the world just feels floopy to me.

The sex threads come and go, the political threads wax and wane, pic a topic, and you'll see gentle cycles. I don't know how many people go back and read stuff buried in the history here, you can spend alot of time, but it is interesting.

• John Doe
    John Doe

W.B Yeats Slouching Towards Bethlehem Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.
    Surely some revelation is at hand;
    Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
    The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
    When a vast image out of Spritus Mundi
    Troubles my sight: somewhere in the sands of the desert.

A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
    A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
    Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
    Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.
    The darkness drops again; but now I know
    That twenty centuries of stony sleep
    were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
    And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
    Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

gregor:

you FINALLY got the {*} typo in your alias corrected! geesh that was annoying!

I know...I know it was...but there are only 2 ways to change it...start a new account...or be patient and wait on Simon to fix it. I chose not to lose my history and waited patiently.

(I know I said thank you....but I will say it again... "Thank you Simon...and thanks Ang for giving the nudge!")

Sankes SnakesInTheTower (of the "couldn't resist" Sheep Class)

ps...to clam:

Have to agree with Gregor and Open Mind on the Sankestypogate controversy. That used to stress me out.

lmao....sankestypogate...yeah, that and I got tired of the references to instant coffee (sanka)....ironically, this snake is not in the tower anymore..but there are still plenty in Crooklyn!

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

a thank you to all who have posted to this thread...I did not really expect the folder to have a flame on it and go to 4 pages.... some of you long time vets who have come out..thank you for your perspective..and I do go back through the archives..my favorite is to find a poster in the Member Directory and read their history...I am doing that right now with a poster from TO... a lot to look at and a blog too...

OTWO:

When did they correct "Sankes" to "Snakes" ?

when? Back when the gift exchange thread got started by Angharad...I told her when I sent my addy in a PM that all I wanted for christmas was the typo fixed...LOL..I got my gift early! Hope I dont start a stampede....mine was a typo, nothing more... I am still participating in the gift exchange though..... my first ever...

on to the topic....I think you are right...there is a lull...and others have also said and I am getting out and doing more away from the board...as much as I tried to go away more completely, I think you all knew better than I did myself that was not going to happen. (although a good % of my posts since that 500 post were on the Werewolf game threads)

I quit getting excited about "New Light" when I became an elder in 02....

to everyone who sent me phone numbers..i think I have them all, but I am terrible about calling people..I tend to email/IM more than talk on the phone...although I have had some nice conversations with a few already by phone, mostly from the TO fest...I hope to have some more time as winter approaches and it gets dark earlier..I tend to quit working sooner after dark...bill collectors are not appreciated in the light....

I have more to post...and I might need to start a new thread..I was going to wait after I got back from the Caymans...but I might need some advice now...

Snakes ()

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

OUTLAW...Where in the world do you find those crazy animated smileys????

your posts make me smile on the darkest of days....too many of those in recent weeks.. offset by glimmers of light at the fests and in conversations with some of you...thanks for that...

Snakes ()

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

eclipse:

It's just a discussion board... and then we click the X at the upper right hand corner and leave, & go back to real life and living.

eclipse my friend...I was just wanting some perspective....the discussion board is not my life...but it is part of a lot of people's life...yourself, myself included.

However, I do think the ALL CAPS in the title thread, while attention getting, may have misconstrued my intent....

The board does not drive my life...but it continues..through people like yourself and others off the board I have met...in real life...to provide the friendships we need to replace the ones we lost. My social circle was pretty small while a dub..(despite my being in the so called "inner circle" of elders...I was always on the outskirts of that too)......those JW friendships have all but vanished since my departure from the meetings...not by my choice. So the board provides a place to find that common bond and support....I dont think we live in a vacuum do we?

So I value what I have gained on this board...By posting this topic, I was hoping to draw out a discussion and diversity of opinions and posters. In that, I have succeeded.

Snakes ()

• eclipse
    eclipse

Oh Snakes!

You misunderstood my post.

I did not mean to imply that this is board is your life.

Just meant that when we all go back to real life and living....and that puts JWD into perspective...

We most certainly do not live in a vaccuum lol.

Yes, we both have made friendships here and I love JWD.

Perhaps you putting the title in caps made it seem like you were trying to shout, when that was not your intent.

Anyways....things and people can't always be easy going. There's going to be conflicts on here, that's human nature.

But you already know that

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

thanks for the clarification...more offline...

Snakes ()

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

I can't believe I missed the sex threads... :/ LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit