STOP THE MADNESS....where is this board going?

by SnakesInTheTower 92 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..We have "Cliques" on JWD?..How come I never got a Clique?..(Grumble grumble)..LOL!!..........The JWD board has a life of it`s own..Sometimes things are slow..Sometimes fast paced..Sometimes Crazy!.....You have to learn how to ride the wave..Surfing..Or..You`ll drive your self crazy..Or..Worse..Running Away In CirclesRunning Away In CirclesRunning Away In Circles..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• oldflame
    oldflame

I have been a member here since 2001 and as Minimus stated that it changes often. I remember the volatile threads back then cause I also was apart of them, we all had attitudes as this site was new then and we had some hard lessons to take in with the help of JWD. Today ? There is not much that can get to me, I have aged out of the borg and all their cronies.

So all I can say is be patient and things will change again....

• watson
    watson

I will confess that I take silly stabs at the "sex" threads, but my favorites are the "New Light" threads. I love the faux excitement/anticipation. The light to hard sarcasm, all of it warms my heart.

KEEP IT COMING!

To me it comes down to the common background we all share. For most, it is very deep. Whether we "know" each other or not, we can relate.

(I used to brag about, "anywhere we go in the world, we share the same truths, practices, etc....wow)

• Quandry
    Quandry

Well....maybe it's just me but I haven't felt any cliques or "special" groups on the board. When I first started posting I felt sympathy and common feelings. Just what I needed when coming out of "the collective." I was bewildered and dissilutioned and hurt. Nice to know others had gone through similar things.

Some of the posts I don't get involved with, especially the kinky sex ones. I still believe in moral propriety and appreciate respect for women. I also don't like to see bad language. I think we can express ourselves in a way that is respectful to all.

On the whole, I have found the posters to be interesting and informed people.

Fleur, please continue to post. Maybe we don't all tell each other often enough how much we appreciate hearing all the comments made. I will try to do that more. I always enjoy hearing from you.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

hey snakes - as we say in sunny Yorkshire - It be reet!

The thread topics do go through phases - a lot of the doctrinal stuff has been covered before. Why not try out the now working search option to find an old thread on a topic that you or you think other newer posters may have an interest in - perhaps some of the old 144000/anointed threads since that's hot at the moment? Would be interesting to see whether any of it was being talked about on here right at the beginning - when this was still a JW board. Have fun!

In reverse circumstances I'm not from a JW background and I can remember a few times this year when there have been a lot of serious threads and few fluffy ones so sometimes I couldn't post much. It goes both ways.

For those who mentioned earlier about being believed if they need real support, all I can say is that just like in any 'real' life situations, we have to take people at face value - 99.9% of the time, they're genuine. I would never stop trusting those 99.9% just because I was conned by the 0.1% - that's just not fair (in my eyes) - either morally or statistically!

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

Snakes,

I think it is ebb an flo....and, maybe, where YOU are in Journey. Your perspective and attitudes...at least as they come through in your writing show a shift in perspective since I started reading your posts. That "fest" up North must have helped, also.....

I agree on the "ribald" threads...yet, it shows the variety of opinion and openess of the board. If you are like me, I skip over a lot of this stuff. People are expermenting and expressing.....

It all has to do with "Journey," bro, and where we and others are in this trek. I have learned a bit, and, it grows daily, to allow the other person a lot of room. You need space, too, and you are doing great.

Yes, I agree with a lot of what you say. The pluses outweigh the minus-es, the good over the bad and ugly.

With you in this Journey,

V PS: the invite to call on the phone is still there!

• Fleur
    Fleur
    Fleur, please continue to post. Maybe we don't all tell each other often enough how much we appreciate hearing all the comments made. I will try to do that more. I always enjoy hearing from you.

Aww, thanks Quandry. You know I get so much more out of what I read than even posting- that's why I'm struggling so much with myself over these health issues that seem to crop up when I return to the exJW community after an absence. I don't know how to keep my BP from climbing when I read shunning threads and marriages breaking up because of the tower and kids forced to sell magazines. . .the abuse threads are a real trigger for me, I just have to learn somehow how to deflect it and not take it in.

I'm INFJ. It's hard. I'm still trying. I can lie to myself mentally but my body won't let me get away with that anymore :(

(((((((((((((((((Quandry)))))))))))))))

thanks again

essie

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

(Jumps into the thread wielding pepper spray)

• mouthy
    mouthy

Am I wrong on this? No I have thought several times ,it must be hard for newbies just leaving the BORG to stay when there are so many sex threads. After all in the WT there was so many NO-Nos, I believe some of you may be referring to me in the "Clicks "I am old & really losing it...I cant remember who's who. So I just answer the ones I think I know I stay on JWD 1st because I have truly come to love so many, 2nd because I hope to see my JW family some day post ,& 3rdly because I would like to help some one who on coming free -who was like I was when I was "ousted' TERRIEFIED OF THE WICKED WORLD!!!
    But that said this board is supposed to be a freedom to say what one wishes. I too miss ALANF,Englishman, Brummie, & many of the old posters.
    AS for telling to much of ones life. I am sorry if I offended any one with all mine.TRULY I AM

Grace

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Granny - you aren't in a clique - everyone here loves you! (((Grace)))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit