Our debt to BRCI

by Vernon Williams 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Frank.L
    Frank.L

I had the Privilege of attending a BRCI mtg along with Frank Toth back in the mid 90's just after we both left the WTS...we planned a trip and drove all the way down to Georgia. We didnt have a whole lot of cash on us so imagine our surprise when Peter Gregerson paid for our room!! Very generous and kind. ... I remember meeting Tom Cabeen, Don Fry and a whole host of other ppl..( I recall meeting R.Franz who i thought was about the mildest guy around) ....I recall there was a large room full of ppl maybe 60-100 ppl..and I enjoyed every minute !!

Thanks BRCI

• watson
    watson

They are kind, genital people who express the milk of human kindness toward all
    Hmmm.

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

Guys, here is the deal.

The "generation" that really broke ground, the BRCI folks and others, are getting old. Tom is pushing 60, Ron Frye...old man (he is the coolest dude...) and everyone, me, too, are "getting along." We have to remember 1980 was 27 years ago and the clock is ticking.

The next group, the younger crowd, here....say forty and younger, really need to know what happened...how this progressed to the point where those opposing the WT are not some back room, underground group of hoodlams (SP?) but an out in the open, well aware, educated, and non-embarrest membership of really fine folks.

I just wish there was a way of putting together a "history" of this whole affair...the stories and such...an archive that stored THIS story. It is a great story....

V

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit