Pro-life arguments

by Skimmer 109 Replies latest jw friends

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate
    Hey Pro Lifers every thought of this senario a single women developes cancer very early in her pregancy. The doctor gives her two choises abort the child and get treatment; don't abort get treatment, and the child will most likely die or suffer disabling deformities; or don't seek treatment and you will most likely before 6 months.

Of course, let's take a scenario that might happen (almost never) and apply that to the issue as a whole. How silly.

Instead, I'll answer that question with a rhetorical question:

A mother and her young child have been forced out of their home, and have fled into a region that appears, may have been used as a toxic waste dump. They can't go back where they came from, and they are getting thirsty. They happen upon a group of strangers driving a small vehicle, that say they can get the child to relative safety, but they can't take the Mom as they only have room for one small passenger. Does the Mom drink water in that region, and give it to her daughter to drink as well, does she give her daughter to the strangers, hoping for the best, or does she strangle her daughter to death because she might die anyway?

Obviously, the third choice requires her to murder her child because of what might happen.

The fact remains that taking an innocent human life is murder, no matter what you call it.

BA

• 5go
    5go

Destroying a Zygote or a Blastocyst is like destroying the sperm and egg.

A zygote (Greek: ????t??) is a cell that is the result of fertilization. That is, two haploid cells—usually (but not always) an ovum from a female and a sperm cell from a male—merge into a single diploid cell called the zygote (or zygocyte). Animal zygotes undergo mitoticcell divisions to become an embryo. Other organisms may undergo meiotic cell division at this time (for more information refer to biological life cycles).
    The blastocyst is an early stage of the human (or other mammal) development early in pregnancy. It is the structure formed in early human embryogenesis, after the formation of the blastocele, but before implantation. It possesses an inner cell mass, or embryoblast, and an outer cell mass, or trophoblast. The human blastocyst comprises 70-100 cells. It is preceded by a zygote, the fertilized egg cell, and succeeded by an embryo.

Recently the inner cell mass has become a source for embryonic stem cells.

BTW is if you are against destroying these you are against birth control pills. Which may destroy both a Zygote, or Blastocyst when used!

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Brother Apostate:

The fact remains that taking an innocent human life is murder, no matter what you call it.

I'd prefer to define murder as deliberately killing an innocent person, regardless of their species.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Once again-my wifes woumb is private property. The choice is between her and her God. Not total strangers. And yes it is hypocracy to be pro life, and support the death penalty. You cannot be on both sides of the fence. Just like the hypocrate running the US. Support the killing of innocent people in a war as a Christian, then tell the flock you are a good Christian. What was that thingey in the Bible about killing....?? Some commandment?

Oh yes-thou shalt not kill. 4 words not open to interpretation.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

worldtraveler,

No hypocrisy in it at all. The taking of an innocent human life is murder, anyone doing so is a murderer, regardless of what they consider their "property". The taking of a guity human life that has commited murder, rape, or pedophilia is just and warranted, without which the guilty are free to continue repeating their crimes. As for some people calling themselves Christian, all one has to do is look to Christ's example to see whether or not those claiming to be Christian really are.

BA- Setting the record straight.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

reread your bible- pro lifers seem pro life 'till you are born. Then.....hang 'em high.

I often wondered why pro lifers are so against birth control. If pregnancies were avoided, there would be little need ot terminate a fetus, but condoms are always frowned upon. And I remember the Catholics freaking out whenever "the pill" was mentioned. The death penalty is God's decision, not yours. Unless the bible is bs. Maybe you think so. You can't have it both ways. I don't. There is only 1 God, and it's not me.

• llbh
    llbh

Best way for avoiding abortion - don't have sex

llbh

• 5go
    5go
    reread your bible- pro lifers seem pro life 'till you are born. Then.....hang 'em high.

That does describe most conservatives have the child so that we may kill it!

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

By the way there is plenty of stories to tell about the condemned sentenced to death, and unable to prove their innocence 'till after the dna proves it years later. Then an innocent life is lost. Who then takes the responsibility for that death, for now I would consider this as murder. Who then "get's it"? Hundreds in the US were innocent and put to death.

It is no wonder that religion is losing its appeal.

• 5go
    5go
    Best way for avoiding abortion - don't have sex

Best way to avoid death - never let your self be conceived in the first place!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit