Quick Q re: "This Generation"

by Sirona 23 Replies latest jw friends

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Not a breakthrough.

JW mum got herself a copy of this new article and read it. She tried saying there was no change in doctrine. After some discussion she admitted they'd changed doctrine and that the anointed were still being "called", but that "it is a good thing"

They are so indoctrinated they can't see that this is just a ploy for the society to make armageddon even further away.

Sirona

What article ? I didn't think it was in print yet.

• Sirona
    Sirona

I'm talking about the new edition Watchtower and the study article which says that the anointed are STILL being called.

Sirona

• Sirona
    Sirona

For me, its a HUGE turnaround.

I remember the early 90's when we were telling people catagorically that the "generation" that saw 1914 would not pass away, therefore Armageddon was really close.

They changed that doctrine....

Then the anointed. Everyone was saying - oh it won't be long now, the anointed are really old now.

So they changed that doctrine.

And the JWs don't seem to care.

Sirona

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

I'm talking about the new edition Watchtower and the study article which says that the anointed are STILL being called.

Sirona

Ah... I see. I was hoping that you'd spotted something about "This Generation" in there... I guess we'll have to wait for that one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit