one word to describe me

by Hortensia 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I thought it was Hortensia. Oops.

• Fleur
    Fleur

Emo- I doubt very much that 'plain' describes you- or 'everyday'. Just from what I've seen of your posts since I've been back to the forum, I'd say "caring"!

Me??? Perhaps "Yikes" would be the most appropriate word. . .

essie

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well, I was interested to see what you think of yourselves - but I like the nice words about me, too (blushes slightly and looks modestly away). I guess mainly I wanted to see what you would say, because most of us are ex-JWs or somehow involved with the WTBTS idiocy and I remember that while a member all I felt was worthless. I don't feel that way any more - I feel independent, I feel competent, I feel curious and alive, like a part of the human race rather than a crappy inefficient never-does-well-enough excuse for a JW. I feel like I have boundaries and ideas and opinions, I've accomplished things, my life sucks right now but I don't think it's because I haven't gone in service enough or haven't prayed enough. It's because shit happens, to everyone, and we all have to cope with it. So, tell me more about how you feel about yourself, a few choice words.

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

creative

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle

Copacetic

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

hort

my life sucks right now but I don't think it's because I haven't gone in service enough or haven't prayed enough. It's because shit happens, to everyone, and we all have to cope with it.

that's why I describe myself as turning - I couldn't think of a better word late at night. I really value that I can take charge and follow a new direction or, if I want to, at least understand what sh**t is going on and that it isn't because I'm not doing enough or that I'm not spiritual enough etc.

I'm re-reading Jane Eyre as part of my study assignment and its fascinating that I can identify with her in our modern day -

here is an extract

"It is in vain to say human beings ought to be satisfied with tranquility: they must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it. Miillions are condemned to a stiller doom than mine, and millions are in silent revolt against their lot. Nobody knows how many rebellions besides political rebellions ferment in the masses of life which people earth. Women ....feel just as men feel; they need exercise for their faculties, and a field for their efforts as much as their brothers do." (ch.XII)

There are so many voices from the past who were more or less in the same boat as us xjws.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Hortensia I think you are quite opposite of the Queen in your avatar in fact.

You come across as:

Humourous

Self deprecating

Open minded

Witty

I like your live and let live attitude

Well rounded (personality-wise)

In need of a reassuring hug

feisty when ocassion demands

resist letting all but the most extreme things get under your skin

someone who examines their own short falings more than is necessary

Kind

and very definitely a Sensuous and sexual human being

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well thanks, Crumpet! What I'm getting is that, fucked up though we may be, ex-JWs, or at least the ones on this board, are able to like themselves and appreciate themselves - I have to say it took years to get over the JW feeling of not being good enough. Quietleaving, Jane Eyre is one of my favorite books. I used to read it about once a year, for maybe twenty years, when in a certain mood.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

Creative,Artistic and you are a Sweetheart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit