New donation arrangement in action locally

by respectful_observer 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    man, that's some wealthy hall you go to
  • raymond frantz
    raymond frantz
    is not a new thing it is happening all over the UK at the moment and it happened in my congragation too recently .These idiots(elders) will follow anything the Watchtower says whether they are agree or not
  • stillin
    stillin
    My guess is that the person who donated such an amount wanted the local brothers to know about it. Also, the accounts servant will write a letter of acknowledgement for tax purposes. This letter could also have been sent from the headquarters but then the donation would have been given without local fanfare.
  • wifibandit
  • redvip2000
    redvip2000

Didn't they know it would just get sent along to the WT and disappear forever? Why bother giving it to the local congregation at all? Why not just pop a check in the mail to the branch and call it a day?

Yeah, but think of all the "brownie points" this person now has from the elders perspective. You don't know who it is, but they do, and they will probably show favoritism to this person.

This perhaps was money left in a will. How sad. Someone probably worked hard all his life to just pass the hard-earned money to this corporate bullshit society, so they can use in obscure ways. Would do so much better if it was left to the hungry or poor.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

That's insane.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    It's a crying shame that such money is given at all instead of going to family or to real charities.
    It could be that the money was willed for the renovations and the person never changed their will when WTS changed the arrangement.
    It's also possible that it's money to get someone out of trouble. Grandma wants her grandson to avoid judicial matters or wants to help her son become an elder or stay as an elder after doing something wrong. But I kind of doubt that. Whatever, it is a total waste of resources.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit