Dialysis help...

by babygirl75 12 Replies latest jw friends

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

my sis is on dialysis...a nicer person you couldn't meet ...and like you she has had kidney problems since she was about 17...that kinda sucks to say the least...(which is why i wrote a song called kidney machine)

she has one in her own home and goes on it 3 times a week. she can also get treatment while on holiday by booking in advance at a hospital where she is vacationing.

sounds like you have had a rough time..hope this improves your quality of life.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Thanks everybody for you input..I really appreciate it!!

Iwillbedubbednomore...I'm glad things finally worked out for you. I hate you had to go through all of that for such a long time! One question I do have for you is with the bags you changed, how did you hide that in your clothes? Or, am I not understanding enough about that option?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I have recently been sent by my internist, to a dialysis cinic for consultation, but they are going to try putting a stint in the vein to my kidneys to first see if getting a bigger blood supply TO them will prevent them from shrinking any further. I am awaiting confirmation for the date for this to be done in the hospital.

I know absolutely nothing about the procedures they do at this clinic but both hubby and I noted that on the "magazine" table....there are NOVELS instead of magazines.....which gave a good indication that the clients were there for a good amount of time when they came there. There were several people there the two days I had appointments.......which shows there must be quite a need for this service here, as small an area as it is. Apparently this is a much wider problem than I had anicipated.

hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit