Question : How Rich Is The Watchtower ?

by AlphaOmega 72 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Still, another way the Watchtower benefits is by "not" listing the "amount" of donations, sent to them to help victims of disaster! (Credit goes to DazedAndConfused) http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/14/84891/1.ashx I just saw a news article listing organisations that had given to the tsunami victims. It is interesting:

"Collections include: Tenterfield Shire Council $2,500; Rotary Club $5,000 (both included in the total figure and Tenterfield community Tsunami appeal of $16,580.55 going to Red Cross Australia); Bowling Club $2,080; Golf Club $250; Seventh Day Adventists $500; St Mary's Catholic Church $4,600; Uniting Church $750; Anglican Church $590; Salvation Army $457; Jehovah's witnesses continuing to collect; Assemblies of God Church $200; Lions Club $490; Drake Red Cross $3,645."

Why are they the ONLY ones that have not actually given an amount? Are they collecting and not giving? In my own mind this makes them look very very bad. It makes them look...I don't know. Cheap. Like they may be collecting but keeping the money? I just don't understand why they do not realise how they look to the public. I can't remember the times I heard that this or that should not be done for fear of a bad witness. I sit back and just watch them make a bad witness themselves and I have to laugh. Cheers! Atlantis-

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

http://www.uspdr.com/Consumer/generalDisplay.asp?TaxYear=2005&unikey=3724000140000000100530000000&swiscode=372400&class=620

Property Location:
    Street Address: 50-200 Watchtower DrCommunityPatterson
    Section: 014.000 Block:0001 Lot: 053.000Condo Unit:
    SWIS(District):372400School District: 372002
    Property Class: 620Open Building Permit
    View Information from:19992002200320042005
    Ownership and Mailing Address:
    Name: Watchtower
    Street: 900 Red Mills Rd Walkhill NY 12589 -
    Account Number:
    Land and Site Information
    Land Number1Land TypePrimary
    Dimensions 0 x 0 Road Type
    Total Area 0Water Private
    Acres 24.00 Sewer Private
    Total Records for ParcelUtilities Electric
    Waterfront Property Historic District
    Easements Zoning I
    East & North 745520 / 972237Latitude & Longitude
    Site Market Estimate$0Site Land Value$0
    Building and Improvement Information
    Property Class 620 Kitchens
    Building Style Bedrooms
    Stories 0 Baths 0
    Year Built Basement Type
    Total Building Area 0 Finished Basement
    First Floor 0 Basement Garage Capacity
    Second Floor 0 Attached Garage Capacity 0
    Additional Floor 0 Finished Over Garage
    Construction Grade Central Air
    Exterior Wall Type Fireplaces
    Condition Heat Type
    Grade Adjustment0Finished Attic
    Porch Type Porch Area
    Assessment DataCurrent Prior Year2nd Prior Year
    Land $2,901,100$0$0 County Taxable $0
    Building $1,397,113,800$0$0 Town Taxable Value$0
    Total $1,400,014,900$0$0 School Taxable $0
    Date of Roll 2005 Village Taxable $0
    County Exempt $0
    School Relevy School Exempt $0
    Village Relevy Village Exempt $0
    Special DistrictsTotal Exemptions
  • blondie
    blondie

The WTS is property rich but it takes a substantial cash flow to maintain the buildings and their printing processes. Based on my husband's experiences handling money in several congregations, few jws donate, maybe 5 families out of 100. After all it is really anonymous unless they give $250 or more (US tax rules). He can remember trying to decide to pay the electric or the phone but not both and the elders having to ante up. There isn't the reliable cash flow from the purchase of publications by the rank and file. That is why letters are sent to the BOE that publication orders do not match the donations sent in.

It explains why the WTS is selling off its Brooklyn property (most value) and moving into the Wallkill and Patterson areas where land is cheaper.

The begging for money has increased at the conventions as well.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

AlphaOmega:

Thank you my friend! I was looking for that link!

Here you go!

Cheers! Atlantis-

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Watchtower Ambulance Service! http://www.health.state.ny.us/nysdoh/ems/counties/putnam.htm

Putnam County

• County EMS Coordinator: Robert Coumo (845) 228-1510 (Office)
      (845) 228-1201 (Fax)
      E-mail: [email protected]
    • Regional Regional EMS Council: Hudson Valley REMSCO
    • Regional EMS Program Agency: Hudson Valley REMSCO, Inc.

Ambulance Services

Agency NameAddressLevel of Care
    Brewster Southeast Joint Fire District501 North Main Street, BrewsterBasic Life Support
    Carmel Volunteer Ambulance Corps6 Garrett Place, CarmelBasic Life Support
    Empire State Ambulance Corp.43 Miller Road, MahopacParamedic
    Garrison Vol. Ambulance and First Aid Squad, Inc.1 Buena Vista Street, GarrisonBasic Life Support
    Kent Volunteer Fire Department2490 Route 301, CarmelBasic Life Support
    Lake Carmel Fire DepartmentRt. 52, CarmelBasic Life Support
    Mahopac Falls Volunteer Fire Department, Inc.Luccaro Road, Mahopac FallsBasic Life Support
    Mahopac Volunteer Fire Department741 Rte 6, MahopacBasic Life Support
    Patterson Fire Department #1, Inc.13 Burdick Road, PattersonBasic Life Support
    Philipstown Volunteer Ambulance Corps, Inc.14 Cedar Street, Cold SpringBasic Life Support
    Putnam Lake Fire Department, Inc.72 Fairfield Drive, PattersonBasic Life Support
    Putnam Valley Volunteer Ambulance Corps, Inc.219 Oscawana Lake Rd., Putnam ValleyBasic Life Support
    Watchtower Farms Medical Unit-Patterson100 Watchtower Drive, PattersonBasic Life Support

Cheers! Atlantis-

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The figures seem high , but I cannot estimate the costs they have and the margins that they have to work to. The recent changes in printing volumes, Monthly Awakes and now study only WT mags says a lot IMHO. However , the Borg is worldwide entity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_instruments_of_Jehovah's_Witnesses#Main_corporations

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Blondie:

So very good to hear from you Blondie! Hope you are well! We lave ya!

The begging for money has increased at the conventions as well.

Agreed! Whole-heartedly! I recall a time when they were requesting 8 dollars per-publisher for help with Circuit Overseer finances. Does anyone recall that? I think it was about 2 years ago or something like that.

Cheers! Atlantis-

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

BluesBrother:

So good to hear from you Blues! We get to missing you and then all of a sudden you will pop in and tell us like it is! Bloody-good-show!

Thank you my friend for your comments.

The recent changes in printing volumes, Monthly Awakes and now study only WT mags says a lot IMHO

I would have to agree that these changes in printing literature has got to be saving them many thousands in printing costs. When I see the "flimzy" paperback covers on these Bound Volumes I wonder how much money they save in "covers" alone!

Cheers! Atlantis-

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

AlphaOmega:

I would list more however, I am going to have to get back to scanning now because I am 7 books behind in requests. I have requests for:

1.1890 The Wonderful Story

2.1900 Zion's Glad Songs for All Christian Gatherings

3.1908 Zion's Glad Songs for All Christian Gatherings

4.1909 In The Garden of The Lord

5.1915 Our temple

6.1963 All Scripture Is Inspired Of God And Benefitial

7.1990 All Scripture Is Inspired Of God And Benefitial

And then back to the more recent dated materials!

Cheers! Atlantis-

• Gill
    Gill

It is probably so rich in cash as well as property that we can't imagine it!

I understand the reasoning that their wealth is only in property but I'm afraid I think they have been attempting, since they first started to split off into smaller companies, to hide their real and massive wealth! They are so wealthy that they have reached the point where they cry poverty constantly and DO NOT WANT TO SPEND any of their money, never mind be FORCED to pay out in law suits!

Their real money was distributed and hidden away when the split into little companies began! They alway intended to protect their massive coffers from being plundered and there is no way they will have not taken careful effort to cover the tracks of where the contributions have gone. They have probably done this so cunningly and possibly even in an illegal fashion that there is no way the FDS or the GB can reveal the amount of money that has gone 'missing'. This has left them open to massive fraud from men who are accountants and lawyers and being in touch with the men at the top of the bOrg have realised that the WTBTS is nothing but a Sham and so have taken their 'own' share of the profits from lying!

Maybe they are NOW cash poor! But that is becaused the 'hunter has become the hunted!' They are massively wealthy in land! Yes! They probably WERE massively wealthy in cash!

Be prepared for the final squeals of poverty from Patterson to emerge in the near future!

The WTBTS is on its knees! In due course the curtain will be pulled and who shall we see? Nothing but a few scrawny men trying to make up more 'divinely inspired baloney' to keep the R and F in Fear and donating!

Something has gone bizarrely wrong at the to of the WTBTS! It may well be many years before we find out what exactly happened to begin the crumbling of this religion but I smell something rotten going on and the smell is getting stronger every time I read the Watchtower and see the JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit