Question : How Rich Is The Watchtower ?

by AlphaOmega 72 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

From previous posters, we have had access to the Watchtower's accounts (UK), and especially the related company (IBSA), but... apparantly accounts are not as easily available in America.

Does that apply to Canada too ?

Does anyone know :

• How much the organisation is worth worldwide ?
    • How much profit the organisation makes worldwide ?

I'd be interested to know.

Thanks in advance

AO

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

It is their property holidings and real estate that are where the real money is - I DOUBT THEY HAVE A GREAT DEAL OF LIQUIDITY

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    It is their property holidings and real estate that are where the real money is - I DOUBT THEY HAVE A GREAT DEAL OF LIQUIDITY

Yep... I'm wondering what the whole lot is worth. Weren't they listed as being in the top 50 richest orgs in New York or something ?

• badboy
    badboy

A BILLION ,PERHAPS 100 BILLION(WORLWIDE)

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The information is all there it just needs pulling together.The Brooklyn and New York Properties have to be worth in excess of 1 Billion. The UK properties with land/building prices there are also likely to be huge.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Something I have been wondering, on this same line,

How does the WT measure, when put up with other religious headquarters. It would seem to me, that a church, would have the same expenses as a Kingdom Hall, PLUS pay a preacher, and helping out the community, and not peddeling magazines, and getting donations, AND asking for everything a JW has, before and after death.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

As far as I can remember in the UK the turnover in terms of cash is between £15m to £20m but the assets are far greater.

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/96d48fc70ab98e656f508c20930d341f/compdetails

It will cost you £3.00 to get a full report.

Gary

• oompa
    oompa
    StillEX: It is their property holidings and real estate that are where the real money is - I DOUBT THEY HAVE A GREAT DEAL OF LIQUIDITY

I hate to break this to you man. You know how damn lucky WT was to have put down waterfront property in of all places NY USA? You know how (now) all those lovely brownstones are all around the heights area in Brooklyn with the (now) fancy quaint hotels we own? Yep, newspapers recently have commented on how lucky or savvy WT was with buyin low and holding on.........but you do not even want to know how the hundreds of millions have turned into BILLIONS over the past 30 years. A friend of mine and his wife have been at bethel for about 20 years in the accounting dept. WT has make great and of course conservative investments in the stock market for some time and look what even the WORST mutual fund has done in 20 years!!!!! Did you know that on every single movable asset the society has there is a barcode just for tracking it all?? Just like wal-mart and I dont mean that in a bad way. WT actually was HOPING taxes would kick in for all religions because they felt we could absorb it better than christendom since our overhead is sooo much lower....oompa

• blondie
    blondie

Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of New York

25 Columbia Heights, Brooklyn, 11201

718-560-5000

www.jw-media.org

Revenue: $951 million

Industry: Publishing

President: Milton Henshel

Employees: 3,415

It takes a lot of printing to supply more than 6 million Jehovah's Witnesses with the materials for their ministry. One publication, Watchtower, now has an average print run of 23 million copies twice per month, an increase of 7.5 percent over last year.

"Our report for the year is different from a Wall Street company," said vice president George Couch. Indeed, the company's employees are volunteers who live and work in the Brooklyn complex.

http://www.watchtowernews.org/Top40NYCcorps.htm

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Thanks DiamnondBlue - I have those ones, but it looks like they are due to file some accounts for their most recent financial year soon.

Blondie - Thanks, where did that info come from. It is amazingly high, and only applies to the NY company, there are many others.

The interesting thing is that in the UK, the WT doesn't make that much money - it is the IBSA that makes more money - with total assets of the IBSA in the UK amounting to 66.5 Million.

Do other countries have the IBSA as an active company still ?

Some other IBSA facts (2006)

Donations 9 million pounds
    Legacies 941,000 pounds

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit