the TOWER ANSWERS BACK on NGO

by tula 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• oompa
    oompa

brothel...nice tula...they will give out only info that they want you to hear....you can call if you like. I thought this was just more diehards fighting to the end for the tower...unfortunaltey the end never comes so the war goes on. I think a leak of info from WT could happen just like at the Whitehouse, but some of it could have even been fabricated/speculated about.....oompa

• compound complex
    compound complex

While I do want to separate fact from fiction - not an easy task - I find, as a former WTB&TS proofreader, that this presentation is rife with errors and not at all WT-style.

But no one seems to feel that this is directly from the Watch Tower ...

Compound-Complex

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

His site is filled with deceits and half-truths. For instance: He asks whether the initial "application" form requires a signature. It did not. However, prior to receipt of credentials, signatures were required. The initial application merely places your organization in front of the DPI Committee for consideration: it does not, in itself, create the Associated relationship. If the process worked that way it would be more of a registration instead of an application.

Oddly enough, "registration" is the word the WTS uses exclusively to refer to the action undertaken by their representative.

His site acknowledges that the WB&TS of NY, Inc. was accredited to the UN/DPI and certain of its representatives carried credentials to that effect. Whatever the objectives of the WTS, the objectives of the secular organization UN Department of Public Information are very clear and well documented.

Given the easily demonstrable fact that the WTS voluntarily joined the UN/DPI as an Associated member, with all appertaining privileges and expectations, and given the fact that the objectives of the UN/DPI are in stark contrast with the Bible (as the Bible explained by Jehovah's Witnesses), and given the fact that these objectives bring the UN/DPI under judgment by Jehovah; one might wonder whether there is any published information on choosing to join secular organizations that have objectives contrary to the Bible and which are under judgment by Jehovah.

Organized to Accomplish Our Ministry (1983) p. 151, par. 1
    Concerning those who renounced their Christian faith in his day, the apostle John wrote: “They went out from us, but they were not of our sort; for if they had been of our sort, they would have remained with us.” (1 John 2:19) Also, a person might renounce his place in the Christian congregation by his actions, such as by becoming part of a secular organization the objective of which is contrary to the Bible and, hence, is under judgment by Jehovah God. (Compare Revelation 19:17-21; Isaiah 2:4) So if a person who is a Christian chooses to join those who are disapproved by God, it would be fitting for the congregation to acknowledge by a brief announcement that he has disassociated himself and is no longer one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Such a person would be viewed in the same way as a disfellowshipped person.
    Organized to Do Jehovah's Will (2005) p. 155, par. 2
    Concerning those who renounced their Christian faith in his day, the apostle John wrote: “They went out from us, but they were not of our sort; for if they had been of our sort, they would have remained with us.” (1 John 2:19) For example, a person might renounce his place in the Christian congregation by his actions, such as by becoming part of a secular organization that has objectives contrary to the Bible and, hence, is under judgment by Jehovah God. (Isa. 2:4; Rev. 19:17-21) If a person who is a Christian chooses to join those who are disapproved by God, a brief announcement is made to the congregation, stating: “[Name of person] is no longer one of Jehovah’s Witnesses.” Such a person is treated in the same way as a disfellowshipped person. The presiding overseer should approve this announcement.

At least since 1983 their position is perfectly clear. According to their own published standards they disassociated themselves from true Christianity.

Romans 2:1-2—Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are, if you judge; for in the thing in which you judge another, you condemn yourself, inasmuch as you that judge practice the same things. Now we know that the judgment of God is, in accord with truth, against those who practice such things.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

I guess it was just a coincidence that they printed several positive articles about the UN while they were an NGO. But I wonder; how often have they printed positive articles about the catholic church or other churches? Surely 'Babylon the Great' does positive things too sometimes, not just 'the image of the Beast'?

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

Slightly off topic - but i have always found it hilarious their copy and past method of dispensing 'new' literature. you can see in the above example almost two identical quotes. if you do a search for various phrases in the CD rom you'll often come across multiple articles over the years that are almost word for word of each other. so much for proper food - they just rehash things constantly so they can get another publication or magazine out.

Morph

• fresia
    fresia

I don't believe this is from the Society. Even the style is not the same. Where did you get this from again?

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

If what he says is true - hey let's assume it is - why did the WT disassociate themselves within days of this news breaking?

Why not just present these "facts", hold their head up high and carry on?

Their actions reveal the truth behind their involvement.

THEY DIDN'T WANT JW's TO KNOW.

WHEN THEY WERE FOUND OUT THEY IMMEDIATELY BEGAN DAMAGE LIMITATION.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

"At first it sounded plausible" is right up there with "I'm not a Jehovah's Witness, but I believe they have the Truth" in apologist speak.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    why did the WT disassociate themselves within days of this news breaking?

and why join in the first place..

regardless of the motives - the question of whether they had to show support - the need for a signature or not - you would have thought that at some point in the proceedings jehovah would have influenced them (as they say he does) by saying something along the lines of 'hold up a sec guys this is going to backfire bigtime.'

and why would they join to use a library or to keep up with the u.n.'s movements on the basis of keeping everyone informed when if jehovah everyone to know he would reveal it to them anyway

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Misleading tread title , since we have established that the site was not from the WT ....But the site maintains that :

When you hear that the Watchtower Society was registered with the United Nations as an NGO, you may not be aware that there is actually more than one kind of NGO. This fact is important, and is often deliberately obscured by those who try to condemn and criticize the Society.In the United Nations system, there are NGOs who are associated with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), and there are also NGOs associated with the Department of Public Information (DPI). The Watchtower Society was of the latter kind — associated with the D P I ...............[break]........................................Thats it. It is not a resolution about NGOs supporting the charter of the UN. It is not a resolution about NGOs supporting the goals of the UN. There is not even a resolution that NGOs must share the ideals of the UN charter. And there is certainly no resolution that NGOs are part of the UN or the UN system. The purpose of DPI-associated NGOs is merely to “to provide the public with information about the United Nations”.

The U.N themselves, however, said something that seems to differ - check the link

http://www.randytv.com/secret/march4unlettertext.htm

A scan of it is, I am sure available on line if you looked a little harder than I did

I think the WT is still up to their eyes in this, and they themselves did not contradict the description of N G O's that was floating around at the time

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit